• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pathfinding for Clearance Divers???

eliminator

Reaction score
I recently returned from a Diver Requal Course at FDU(A) and after the CO gave us our send-off, the unit chief stayed and spoke to us about clearance diving. Pretty much he was saying that we need more clearance divers than ever and they're abit short on numbers. I think only 7 are doing the next prelim and there's 12 spots. Anyways, he spoke about how the trade is getting into some new areas such as pathfinding. He also pointed out the fact that some CDs just got back from Afghanistan, noting that in the future there will be many such deployment opportunities.

So, is there really a need to gave Clearance Divers acting as pathfinders? Has anyone heard anything else on this topic?

eliminator said:
I recently returned from a Diver Requal Course at FDU(A) and after the CO gave us our send-off, the unit chief stayed and spoke to us about clearance diving. Pretty much he was saying that we need more clearance divers than ever and they're abit short on numbers. I think only 7 are doing the next prelim and there's 12 spots. Anyways, he spoke about how the trade is getting into some new areas such as pathfinding. He also pointed out the fact that some CDs just got back from Afghanistan, noting that in the future there will be many such deployment opportunities.

So, is there really a need to gave Clearance Divers acting as pathfinders? Has anyone heard anything else on this topic?

Well the Chief was probably bored and wanted to have some fun with you so he made it up and it was smart of you to come on here and second guess him.

Just to give you some insight about things we heard in the Army world is this..........Since the start of the SCTF and such new roles and units are being toyed about. Such as Beach Recces and Amphib ops. On the next Pathfinder course I believe 2 Clearence Divers are attending in order to get this project off as the course is open to all who have the pre req's. New units on the East coast doing a kind of SEAL, Marine Force Recon or SBS type unit. Since Pathfinder only recce beaches from the beach not under the surf. Thats what I heard. Lots of work from the Pathfinder Cell and CF Land Advanced warfare Center. What and see.

Cheers and Happy Hunting

There is a video that may shed a little bit of light on Pathfinder operations in the maritme environment.

If you have DIVX you can download it at

https://secure.logmein.com/f?MfQP-OVyiIAKX6LfHWln5jyDYooPON5xkbrHbaovrK0

If you don't have DIVX then you can get a low res version at

https://secure.logmein.com/f?upaS-HbU8rB2O8gHL3GywSmOSlQVvCsMzcHnGeaazN6

The divx version is 33 Megs
The non divx version is 11 Megs

If you are interested in Pathfinder Operations it is worth looking at.

Later Skaters...

Back