• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PAY INCREMENT

g_12

Inactive
Reaction score
How does the RegF PAY INCREMENT work? Specifically Private 1 to 2 to 3?
Is there a calculation of days or is it a qualification level?

Every year in that rank you go up a pay incentive untill you max out for that rank or are promoted.

Just to expand a little, usually you will receive your pay upgrade yearly effective the date you started basic training. Since you are on LWOP for that period of time after you sign your contract until going to basic.

The pay system is not without its flaws though, so i suggest watching pay stubs and if you don't see a pay raise within the first few months then see your clerk. Hope this helps anyone.

Is this pay raise related to the date of your swearing it, or when you first reported to Basic Training?  I ask because I'm nearing my swearing in anniversary (which I guess means I'm nearing my Basic anniversary but just curious to know if it'll be on the Oct 31 pay, or the November 15th.  Not a big difference, but will answer a question I've had.  Haven't really got a clear answer from those in my immediate chain of command.

Its the date you reported to BMQ, since you were on LWOP and therefore not being paid until you reported.

What is LWOP?  I haven't seen that one before (I checked Military Acronyms, too).

Leave without pay.  Technically you were on leave and weren't getting paid from the time you signed to the time you showed up to your BMQ.

If you're getting posted to a field unit, you're going to get LDA. That said, there are other allowances for different things in the CF. Learn as much as you can about your pay and benefits, because when you get your pay stub and there's either too much or too little, being educated in this matter will help you address your issues, and understand all of your entitlements.

Back