• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay problem on CT

teenwolf

Inactive
Reaction score
I performed a CT from the ResF to the RegF as an A/SLt. My qualifying service granted over two years in rank, gave me pay incentive 2 in the RegF and an EPZ to SLt the date of enrolment. Due to missing qualifications, I wasn't promoted to SLt on enrolment, but I was promoted over a year later and it was effective the day of my enrolment. When this happened, I received a pay cut! Why? Because the formula used to determine rate of pay on promotion (CBI 204.04(3)) uses the day prior to promotion to determine the rate of pay on promotion. My effective promotion date is the date of enrolment, therefore there is no day prior in the pay system and my pay defaulted to pay incentive basic in the new rank. Pay incentive basic in the new rank is several hundred dollars less than what I was being paid in the previous rank.

Many pay folks have looked at my case (including DPPD and DMPAP) and they seem to think that all is correct, quoting CBI 204.04(3). They say that this unfortunately happens sometimes on CTs for DEOs with previous qualifying service. I truly don't understand why the CF would grant pay incentives and previous qualifying service, only to claw it back on promotion. No one in Ottawa has yet to explain this to me.

Furthermore, as stated, they seem to be focused on CBI 204.04(3). I've pointed out that CBI 204.04(3) doesn't apply to my situation because of CBI 204.015(5), which states that an officer or non-commissioned member who is promoted to a higher rank effective the date of the member’s enrolment or the day following enrolment is, for the purpose of pay increment increases, deemed to have been enrolled in the rank to which the member was promoted. I interpret this to mean that my rate of pay on promotion effective the date of enrolment is an issue of rate of pay on enrolment vice promotion. Doing so would factor in my previous ResF service and I wouldn't get a pay cut on promotion. It seems pretty clear to me, but no one in DPPD or DMPAP seems to listen.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this?

Back