• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Personal Stuff

BloodWorm

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to know if we are allowed to have a personal notebook aboard (if yes do we have internet connection?) or de we have to use the onboard equipment? Also, is is OK to bring a digital camera and take pictures inside and outside of boat?
Thank You

Hi

I read on this site on some other threads that, yes you can bring your laptop on board however you will have to use ships computers for email access. So laptop would be without internet, for movies, games etc... You can probably get internet at foreign ports at internet cafe`s - wifi etc...

Please note that this is just what I read here and I do not know anything else... No experience... Thread was 2 years old or so...

I am wondering if it has changed since? It would be great to have internet on my own laptop :P

You are not joining the crew of a ship from Holland-America ya know..........

CDN Aviator said:
You are not joining the crew of a ship from Holland-America ya know..........

They look nice.... I am not sure If I will want to take a cruise after being posted to a ship :)

Personal Laptops are permitted onboard and most ships require that they be logged into the Coxn's Office and the Ship's IT Security Officer.  There is no ability on any HMC Ships for personal laptops to connect to the internet.

As for cameras, you are permitted to bring them onboard, but you can't just take pictures anywhere inside of the ship. Normally you will see pictures of personnel on the upper decks taken by personal cameras, but pictures below decks are usually not permitted.

When you are onboard, ask your supervisor and he/she will either inform you what you can/can't do or have to contact the Ship's Public Affairs Officer.

Back