• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pet and the Barracks,

CDNBlackhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
I was told that  once battle school is complted and get posted to Battlion that RCR has a rule that new soldiers ariving on base must stay in Barracks for 6 months, Is this True?

On the same note, what type of barracks is it, open room concept, 10 plus guys,  1 bed bedroom, two bed bedroom, etc
I hope you understand what i mean,

Also,  are we allowed to bring our computer, TV etc with us?

Most barracks are two beds per room I was attached there with the RCD in 2004 and that how the barrack were and yes you are allowed to bring TV and computers

That was a brigade policy for a while, and the RCR may still have that as a rule. And in this area, it is for your own good, trust me on that.

But let me clarify...

That is single, unmarried, with no dependants, soldier who are posted in from Battle School. Obviously, if you have dependants, they will allow you to move into PMQs or if you are able to afford it, to buy a house.

no pets is still in effect.
for 1 RCR; two pers to a double room to start off, someone eventually moves out, or both.
you can bring a tv, computer, just about anything you want really.
technically yes you have to stay in the shacks for six months, but you don't "have" to. just send a memo requesting to move out of the shacks, and they'll approve it.
the shacks here are great, lots of keggers to get drunk at, everybody is near by, work is a five minute walk.
I have a rough idea how 3 RCR's shacks are like, but I'm not about to ramble off, and find out half of it is wrong and look like a jackass.
Greg

awsome thanks for the info and sorry it took me so long to reply, i have limited computer time here in meaford. :salute:

what is the rent like in pet? do u pay all that even with another roommate?  thanks

I'm paying about $75/month in a room with 2 beds.  I think it's more expensive if you are in a single room, i.e. have the room all to yourself. 

The cost of Quarters on Base will vary on what type of room you get and what type of building you get put in.

from 2000 until 2002 i was paying also 10$/month for the cable and if your in the shack you don't have the choice to pay it or not. For that price i was getting the basic cable so about 35-40 channel

yes it's higher when you have a single room. But get wise and try to get a double room for yourself....cheaper and bigger....

there's some module of 6, 8 or 10 room, And the rooms are single or double,  depend on the module.

Greywolf said:
I'm paying about $75/month in a room with 2 beds.   I think it's more expensive if you are in a single room, i.e. have the room all to yourself.  

I am posted here in Edmonton and I pay $238.00 a month for a single room with a shared bathroom.  For a double room it is $131.00 a month.

For the 2332 piper question, Yes there are shacks for Officers and senior NCM's, separate from junior NCM quarters, pricing and layout described above still apply. Good Luck with RMC.

Back