• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pipelines

And most of the most reliable renewables, hydro, are grandfathered installations built before there was an environmental review process.

Drowned fields, forests and towns as well as disrupted fish runs....

TANSTAAFL.
Much of that can be mitigated, but we're still stuck with large numbers of people who think a few square miles of flooded forest or farmland is too great a price to pay. I don't know if some political parties are even capable of cost/benefit analysis. I have to wonder how much we've paid (and will pay) because of the insistence that the Massey Tunnel replacement has to be another tunnel, in part to conserve a small amount of valuable farmland.

Much of that can be mitigated, but we're still stuck with large numbers of people who think a few square miles of flooded forest or farmland is too great a price to pay. I don't know if some political parties are even capable of cost/benefit analysis. I have to wonder how much we've paid (and will pay) because of the insistence that the Massey Tunnel replacement has to be another tunnel, in part to conserve a small amount of valuable farmland.

The Massey Tunnel? Lord T'underin'.

Cost benefit analysis requires arithmetic. Apparently that is a low priority for schools these days.

The Granby Group has been working on an energy project located in the area of Anyox, B.C., an abandoned mining town north of Prince Rupert. The proposed site is adjacent to the town of Anyox and is roughly about 800 hectares of virtually flat private land in the traditional territory of Lax Kwʼalaams (of which I am a member and former elected councillor) and Metlakatla. The proposed floating LNG terminal could be the solution that drives our local economy for decades to come.
Indigenous communities are central to resource development and will likely define the future of energy development around the world. The Granby Group smartly decided to ensure that the impacted Indigenous communities had a seat at the table. This will benefit Indigenous communities across the country — and the nation as a whole — if others follow Granby’s example.

The Stewards of the Land want to sell.

Softly, softly. Don't wake up Ottawa.

Another First Nations resource project - LNG off the Moratorium Coast.

The Stewards of the Land want to sell.

Softly, softly. Don't wake up Ottawa.

Another First Nations resource project - LNG off the Moratorium Coast.
All the Mills and Mines up in this part of Ontario are being partnered up with FN groups to get them off the ground. The Mill in White River is 50% owned by the FN Reserve at Mobert and is making A LOT of money.

My nephew was working in the area of that project, lot's of geophysical concerns along the undersea pipeline route.

Every route has its challenges. As my old man, of fond memory, often said: Anything is possible, if cash!

Is the reward worth the risk? Are the stakeholders/shareholders (one and the same) willing to back the play and give the project a chance?

I suspect that recognizing title allows the monetizing of the aboriginal interest in the land making them viable shareholders in any resource project on their land. They now have capital to invest to their benefit.

All the Mills and Mines up in this part of Ontario are being partnered up with FN groups to get them off the ground. The Mill in White River is 50% owned by the FN Reserve at Mobert and is making A LOT of money.
Waiting for FN to buy the Pulp Mill/ Prisoner of War camp in Espanola…. Never going to happen…

Every route has its challenges. As my old man, of fond memory, often said: Anything is possible, if cash!

Is the reward worth the risk? Are the stakeholders/shareholders (one and the same) willing to back the play and give the project a chance?

I suspect that recognizing title allows the monetizing of the aboriginal interest in the land making them viable shareholders in any resource project on their land. They now have capital to invest to their benefit.
When there is existing evidence of fairly recent underwater slides, then the only question is when, not if. Work Channel was looked at by another company a few years ago, a narrow fjord with steep mountains, the bottom is a rough V and it's filled with house sized boulders from the mountains. They decide to forgo that bit....

Same out here, the bands are discovering that governing requires money, getting a Treaty means the money eventually runs out and you need a source of income. There are a couple of bands that will run the environmentalists out of town.

Back