• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PLD/Sea Duty Allowance

Declajaz

Reaction score
Anyone have any rumours on the proposed changes to PLD and Sea Duty Allowance? The last official thing I heard yesterday from my CoC is that changes to both are coming this fall and to prepare our sections for them.

No indication if the propsed changes are good or bad. Honestly, I would like to try to stay positive, but when I have staff that have 2nd (and third) jobs and I myself as a Senior NCM have a 2nd job right now it is difficult. Even a smidge of a positive rumour would help morale.

Ignatius

Reaction score
Negative, but speaking of Sea Duty Allowance. Any word on the payouts that were being worked on for the numerous personnel who are owed SDA for past Naval Deployments from 2003 to a recent date? Any word on what timeframe we might see it? I understand, yes, that this daunting process takes a long time given the number of people affected, but I do know the process got started on it quite a while back now and was wondering if there was any new update on when we might see our owed money? I, personally don't expect anything until years from now, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Furniture

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Negative, but speaking of Sea Duty Allowance. Any word on the payouts that were being worked on for the numerous personnel who are owed SDA for past Naval Deployments from 2003 to a recent date? Any word on what timeframe we might see it? I understand, yes, that this daunting process takes a long time given the number of people affected, but I do know the process got started on it quite a while back now and was wondering if there was any new update on when we might see our owed money? I, personally don't expect anything until years from now, but any input would be greatly appreciated.
I received my backpay for SDA in August, so I can assure you it is happening. They are working through alphabetically I believe, and have made it to G at least.