• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pranks at camp. (Backdown)

Blunt Object

Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone  ever heard of people opening those ice cream cup things the had for dessert at camp and getting something like mushrooms or potatoes in it?

I was just wondering if what kind of pranks people are pulling today?

REMEMBER: keep them safe.

Some Cadet unhooked a few hooks on the springs so when I got into bed, down I came. Lucky for the Cadet below me that he wasn't sleeping or I'd be in bed with him.

Blunt Object said:
Has anyone  ever heard of people opening those ice cream cup things the had for dessert at camp and getting something like mushrooms or potatoes in it?

I was just wondering if what kind of pranks people are pulling today?

REMEMBER: keep them safe.

EDITED

I didnt exactly expect that comment to catch flak...

::)

At HMCS Ontario (aka RMC) we used to tie the dorr knobs of opposing doors together with bungee cord and then knock on both doors.  Especially effective in the early morning.

I was in Kilo and we went out in the middle of the night and on the back of our Staff Tent we wrote "J Coy Rules" in magic marker and Threw a Bit of shaving Cream around. It was pretty funny seeing them marching aroudn the batilloin all of the next day.

See...  maybe its just me.  (and yes, I've spent a summer at Blackdown as staff)

I wouldn't be putting my ... pranks online for my Officers to see.  Especially
since you're most likely GOING BACK to the same place this year you are talking
about.

Don't get me wrong.. I appreciate pranks and being devious, but, the best
one committed is the one no one ever knows who and how.  Also, that way
you never get into trouble!  ;)

Trinity said:
See...  maybe its just me.  (and yes, I've spent a summer at Blackdown as staff)

I wouldn't be putting my ... pranks online for my Officers to see.  Especially
since you're most likely GOING BACK to the same place this year you are talking
about.

Don't get me wrong.. I appreciate pranks and being devious, but, the best
one committed is the one no one ever knows who and how.  Also, that way
you never get into trouble!  ;)

And here I was planning on keeping a list of these to play on officers. ;D

I gotta tell ya though......nothing beets shaving cream in the boots or shoe polish on the black toilet seats

cheers

Or how about you all don't be mean and cause others pain.  Imagine if it was your SCdts butt on the toilet seat.

future medic said:
I gotta tell ya though......nothing beets shaving cream in the boots or shoe polish on the black toilet seats

cheers

You are a CI of a cadet corp... and you are encouraging people to play pranks?!?

That's like the police encouraging people to commit crimes.

You are responsible for the well being, health and safety of these children.  Although these
pranks may not physically hurt the other cadets, the mental anguish and embarrassment,
especially at their age, peer and environment, is HUGE. 

And for the record, I've been a chaplain at a cadet camp (Blackdown 04) and I know first hand the anguish caused!

I highly suggest you rethink either your attitude of leadership or your involvement in this movement.

(edit. Grammar - me.. grammar.. never!)

one prank ive seen done was they took a guy, still sleeping in his cot out side the tent into the gully and put everything of his out there also, need to say that the people who did it all got RTU'd, my WO mnday morning was a very pissed of person because half our platoon was gone...

The pranks I have seen done had  done to me etc.
-Bucket  of ice water into the stall of a guy showering
-Morning after everyone was on the sauce, take everyone's boots, move them down one bunk space
-Work starts at 7:30, buddy usually gets up at 6:30, night before he gets in from the bar at 2 am;  at 6:20 change his alarm clock to 10 am, 3  people in combats rush in and tell him he's late wakes him  up better than a pot  of coffee
-Short-sheeting, a timeless classic
-IR glowstick juice, endless possibilities
-Synchronized toilet flushing  (in old shacks) when the... um well, somebody important...  is in  the shower 
-Cardboard roll, garbage can full of water, string tied to the doorknob  (barrack doors always open  inwards)
-Hang a  sock off buddy's doorknob 5 minutes before the duty guy goes through in no-frat barracks
-I had a young fellow show up looking for the 3 colours of omnichrome to polish his new cadpat boots, with NSN's no less
-Have a new young gullible soldier on the day he shows up compliment his Sgt on his sister getting accepted to the Royal whatever ballet, watch his face when the Sgt tells  him it's not funny because his sister is in a wheelchair
-prepare  a fake PER for your buddy "signed" by the base M.O.
-Buddy passes out drunk when staying in mod, take his bed outside, take all the other beds outside, put them in the right spots, wake him up to  help catch the mod tent that blew away

filling a bucket of ice cold water and dumping it on a guy taking a HOT shower, the scream is the best part

I remember one prank at Blackdown, summer 2003.

A certain officer, a Padre, was on the air rifle range, and to encourage the basic cadets to do their best, offered to give Popsicles to all those who scored well.

The RSO then invited the Padre to demonstrate his prowess with the Daisy Air Rifle (the Padre is a very good shot BTW). With the assistant RSO conducting the relay, and the Padre plugging away at the targets, the RSO got some blank targets and with his Gerber tool, punched up a full relay's worth of tightly grouped targets.  The RSO then showed the ersatz targets to the Padre as being the work of the basic cadets.

Needless to say the Padre was pleased with the results, and the basic cadets all got their Popsicles.

;D

Duke

PS: No 'official' targets were harmed in the commission of the above mentioned prank.

Back when I was a cadet at HMCS QUADRA on Junior Leadership we took all the toilet paper from the head in the barracks we we're sharing with them and sold it to the GT cadets at 50 Cents a roll. We could have been jerks and sold it too them at 50Cents a square but this way we didn't look to greedy. Man we did so many gate runs for that one.

On Practical Leadership we had water coolers in the baracks and if someone wouldn't wake up on time a bucket of cooler water was dumped on them, that woke people damn quick.

- itching powder on the toilet paper
- jello made freshly in the toilets
- vaseline and sand in shoes
- classic prank: whipped cream/shaving cream/vaseline/whatever in someone's hand and then tickle the person's face

Just be careful, obviously, especially with the vaseline in the shoes one, it's really hard to wash vaseline out of anything, never mind shoes.

DO NOT TRY:
                  - making traps to catch bad guys in your tent
                  - a used vodka bottle and water
                  - proving that the wool blanket is "fire-retardant'
                  - i only heard of this one- crucifying grass

Anyways these are just some examples. Just remember that if something makes you laugh hysterically for over 1 minute you are probably restricted from doing it.

We stole ketchup from the mess hall and took the to the bathroom, we then folded them and placed them under the toilet seat, somebody sat on it and got ketchup all over the back of their legs, great memz. I was a bit shy when i first got to blackdown but after a while i became very popular due to my shooting skill.

Back