• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PRes: Typical Unit Rank/Org Structure & Size

ArmyRick said:
Rightfully so. The lorne Scots are The PEEL, Dufferin and Halton Regt. It is our territory. Not to mention the strong performance that our regiment has put out in the last thirty years (both in numbers and quality). We have in the past, had armouries in Mississauga.
Oh yeah, one more thing. Compare the Lorne Scots to the Tor Scotys any day. Our Regiment is hands down, much better and performs to a higher standard than the Tor Scots. Always have and always will.

I agree that the Lorne Scots seem to have the "traditional rights" to being Peel Region, as opposed to the TorScots. During WWII, IIRC there was a company of the Second (Reserve) Battalion of the Lorne Scots in Port Credit, in the Town Hall (Clarke Hall) on Lakeshore Ave near the Harbour. Port Credit was absorbed into Mississauga back in the '70's. But, anyway, what about the Oakville Armoury? Cheers.

pbi said:
I agree that the Lorne Scots seem to have the "traditional rights" to being Peel Region, as opposed to the TorScots. During WWII, IIRC there was a company of the Second (Reserve) Battalion of the Lorne Scots in Port Credit, in the Town Hall (Clarke Hall) on Lakeshore Ave near the Harbour. Port Credit was absorbed into Mississauga back in the '70's. But, anyway, what about the Oakville Armoury? Cheers.

Oh come on, you couldn't swing a dead cat in World War Two without hitting a company of Lorne Scots - they were tasked with headquarters defence for all the brigade, division and corps headquarters overseas.  More men served in the Lorne Scots than in any other Regiment.  However, they also saw the least action.

Some platoons/companies of the Lorne Scots, normally assigned to 'defence and employment' duties did rotate into the line for combat experience.  One such occasion was Cap Griz nez, IIRC, when a platoon of the Queen's Own Rifles traded places with them.  By Charlie Martin's (oops...I mean CSM Charles Cromwell Martin, DCM, MM) account, they acquitted themselves well.

They were all over the bloody place.  I believe they converted after VE Day to a Repatriation holding unit?

pbi, yes the old oakville thomas street armoury is still there and funny enough we parade about 45 troops out of there..

ArmyRick, I Wasn't trying to start a pissing match, or which regt is better, just making a small joke.  BTW I quite aware of some the 48th who are junk, won't name them but we know who they are. Also agree about Tolten and Mac. Right now Mac is CSM at the battle school. Man I feel sorry for those recruits. I hope they like running A LOT.

Michael Dorosh said:
Oh come on, you couldn't swing a dead cat in World War Two without hitting a company of Lorne Scots - they were tasked with headquarters defence for all the brigade, division and corps headquarters overseas. More men served in the Lorne Scots than in any other Regiment. However, they also saw the least action.

Some platoons/companies of the Lorne Scots, normally assigned to 'defence and employment' duties did rotate into the line for combat experience. One such occasion was Cap Griz nez, IIRC, when a platoon of the Queen's Own Rifles traded places with them. By Charlie Martin's (oops...I mean CSM Charles Cromwell Martin, DCM, MM) account, they acquitted themselves well.

They were all over the bloody place. I believe they converted after VE Day to a Repatriation holding unit?

Thank you for that Michael: illuminating, if a mite tangential. ;) What I was getting at was the existence of a Reserve presence in the community, rather than operational deployments. As well, and even more indisputably, the Lorne Scots are the "Peel" Regiment, based on the old County of Peel which is now the Region of Peel. RHQ is located in Brampton, the Regional seat. It seems to follow that they should be given first refusal. Cheers.

Back