• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Privacy Act Request

DrtyBinRat

Inactive
Reaction score
Afternoon All.

Without going into much detailed I've been getting screwed hard by my unit. So much so, that I feel there may be enough grounds to grieve based on procedural fairness, discrimination, and harassment.

I have submitted a request under the Access to Information and Privacy Act (Privacy Act specifically) to request documentation held by my CoC, and quite frankly to stir the pot a bit. The question I pose to the forum, is do I have to fear reprisal or career action for making this request?

If you feel there are grounds to grieve, grieve. Don't do and end-run around your CoC and the grievance policy to "stir the pot". You may find it counter productive to your grievance.

Its everyone's right to grieve something if they feel they have grounds and I'd encourage you to take whatever action you deem necessary.  I have no problem with that whatsoever but as a part of my Unit's command team I do have a problem with people who cannot be upfront about it.  The actual ATI request is no big deal other than the fact that it will take anywhere from 4-6 months for you to get the info you are looking for.  You will get a reply from the ATI folks quick enough but that reply will just tell you they are working on your request. 

Be an adult and deal with the issue but trying to "stir the pot" will no doubt be counter productive to your cause.  While nothing overt should happen to you but don't be surprised if intangible things start to happen. 

Back