• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Intelligence Operator

Zero501

Inactive
Reaction score
In the beginning when I started my application I did the usual things you have to do and picked my 3 job choices. My last choice was Intel op. When I went in to the recruiting center to schedule my aptitude test they told me that Intel op was not a choice that new recruits can have and they crossed it off my list of 3 choices.

My question is if Intel op is not a choice new recruits can make then why do they post it on the Canadian Forces website as a job people can sign up for? It seems kinda dumb to me to offer it on the website but say that it isn't available for new recruits. It's not really that important to me, it's just a general question that I have been trying to figure out.

It's mostly like Intelligence Officer, officially anyone can apply, but in reality most of the openings are filled with transfers from within, especially since there is high demand for such postings. The recruiting center is simply avoiding wasting your time and that of the bureaucracy.

Is anyone able to comment on whether there are any jobs that are very similar to IO that one could go into from civ and then move over into IO from?

Also, are there any IO folks on here who could describe what postings are like? As a purple trade, do you usually get posted to bases that match your uniform (as it sounds like the CF is trying to do more of now) or is it kind of up in the air?

Back