• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions on a whole lotta kit... interest sake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_chi

Inactive
Reaction score
Wow, the equipment forum here pretty dead... not too much kit buying going on eh? Well, in anycase, just wondering what kind of stuff is typically aftermarket for a Cdn soldier. I hear a whole lot of debate about people buying their own kit and all, but what are people running over in the sand box? Wasatch's? CIRAS'? RAV's?

Pictures? Anyone seen a CADPAT AR CIRAS!? I heard Martin at Dave's was looking into getting a couple done up...  :eek:

From the combat camera pics I've only seen Drop Zone modified TV's and a HSGI chest rig, can't remember if it was a warlord or denali.

I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the Kifaru Maurader, but I guess everyone just been issued the small pack so I suppose that's more of a non-issue here.

And is there anything on dropleg rigs? Haven't seen any pictures of Cdn soldiers using leg rigs and i'm just wondering if we WOULD be allowed to use them. Just for information/interest sake.

And if there's any sort of exciting kit in the kit world, post about it. Saw Surefire's new helmet mounted LED thingy which looks pretty gucci, absolutely no use to me, but still, cool kit.

OH! And another thing, in the never ending quest to "make due" with issue gear, has anyone tried mounting the GG&G UFIR to the C7 to acommodate a vertical foregrip? (TangoDown, GG&G, etc.)

And was also wondering if the EOTech's that we're using overseas are issue or aftermarket, and what you'd prefer, 552 or the 551? What are the advantages to having an N battery source as compared to a AA? Or even the brand spankin' new 553!

A BUIS is a given, but I've heard that those are personally bought items?

I might be asking these questions in the wrong forum, but hey, I know that there are SOME people here who are interested in this kind of stuff.

Sorry for the weird punctuation and the huge list of questions.

God Bless

Tim Chi

Move out of your mom's basement.. NOW.. You are asking things that shouldn't even be a concern unless you a frequenter of the Lightfighter and Airsoft forums.  If you are trying to dazzle with terminology, it has worked.  I have now got all kinds of new things to go googling for.

Bzz

Try asking a simple question or two, without all the disjointed prose. Use proper punctuation. If you want serious answers, don't pepper the thread with one big blast of "Everything I want to Know About Military Kit, in One Answer". Now, start again with one logically formed question, that can be answered without to much difficulty. Otherwise, get on Google and Ask.com and look it up yourself.

BTW, most everything you asked is already answered here, you just have to read and 'Search' for it.

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND.

The reason its dead - is WE ARE SICK of repeating ourselves.

Alright, alright. I'll just search around then.

Just trying to liven thing up. Alas.

God Bless

Tim Chi

Nothing wrong with your questions in my opinion.. except for the fact that as a one hook trooper in a reserve unit, the only reason I can see you asking about such things is for the LCF (look cool factor).  Are you being deployed soon?

The first thing my brain said as I read your post was: "airsofter?"

Not going to be deployed anytime soon and I don't play airsoft. Just for interests sake.

God Bless

Tim Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back