• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Question about BMQ

B

bearclaw_ll

Hi everyone,

I'm currently preparing for the BMQ physical, and i just have one question for anyone who's already been through basic. realistically, how many pull-ups should i be able to do before i would have a chance in basic. there's no real requirement to enter as far as pull ups go, but i do know its something like 6 to graduate. any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

When I did BMQ 3 years ago we didnt have to do any pull-ups. It was push-ups, grip strength, shuttle run and situps. Might have changed since but I seriously doubt it.

the pre-test there is no pull-ups..... just situps, step test and pushups... oh and grip test.

on bmq we have done two tests thus far, a 1.5 mile run, situps, pushups and pull-ups.

they are looking for improvement in each test, i only did a few pullups on the first try... cause i screwed up the proper form :D

and on the next try I did 9 or 10 i think, with a recently dislocated shoulder ... so give it what you got

OK well the CF standard is the CF Express test and it doesnt have any pull-ups. If you do tests with pull-ups they are not being held against you. They are just for personal and /or unit improvment ( which is a great cause ). cheers.

9 chill ups, it's really easy. Once you have to do it with a ruck and battle ready gear. that is a different story  ::)

McGowan said:
9 chill ups, it's really easy. Once you have to do it with a ruck and battle ready gear. that is a different story   ::)

Tough guy hey......... ::)

McGowan said:
9 chill ups,

Whats a chill up?

Hold a cold beer.  Move to mouth. Drink. Lower. and Repeat...

is that nine beers or just nine drinks of beer.

And wouldn't it be better with a 40 oz...  its heavier.. more alcohol...  :p

I am assuming that this BMQ your taking is a Regular and not Reserve course

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for a thread that talks about Breasts

That's good Padre!

Island Ryhno said:
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for a thread that talks about Breasts

That's good Padre!

Drawing attention to Breast Cancer any way I can! 

Back