• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF squadron code during WW2

North_Eleanor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I'm search Royal Canadian Air Force squadron codes during WW2, but I didn't find anything on the internet.
Please help me!

I found information about the squadron's codes only since 1947.

Thank you!

Mixed in with RAF and other Commonwealth squadrons are RCAF squadrons.

https://candymultifiles341.weebly.com/raf-squadron-codes-and-serial-numbers.html

North_Eleanor said:
Hello, I'm search Royal Canadian Air Force squadron codes during WW2, but I didn't find anything on the internet.
Please help me!

Possibly worth mentioning, about 60% of RCAF Bomber Command aircrew were assigned to RAF squadrons.

mariomike said:
Possibly worth mentioning, about 60% of RCAF Bomber Command aircrew were assigned to RAF squadrons.
yes, but in Canada itself, the aviation used not British codes, but Canadian ones, I know several squadrons with Canadian codes, but i need all the code.

Blackadder1916 said:
Mixed in with RAF and other Commonwealth squadrons are RCAF squadrons.

https://candymultifiles341.weebly.com/raf-squadron-codes-and-serial-numbers.html

Thank you!

North_Eleanor said:
yes, but in Canada itself, the aviation used not British codes, but Canadian ones, I know several squadrons with Canadian codes, but i need all the code.

Great. You asked about WW2. Didn't mention specific to Canada only, and not overseas. So, I thought it perhaps worth mentioning.

Good luck with your research!

mariomike said:
Great. You asked about WW2. Didn't mention specific to Canada only, and not overseas. So, I thought it perhaps worth mentioning.

Good luck with your research!
Thank you!

do you specialize more in land forces?

North_Eleanor said:
Thank you!

do you specialize more in land forces?

You are welcome.  :)

No, I just did a lot of research on an uncle who was in the RCAF Bomber Command ( aircrew ) in Europe during the war.

mariomike said:
You are welcome.  :)

No, I just did a lot of research on an uncle who served overseas with RCAF Bomber Command during the war.

it is wonderful! 

maybe you or people who are interested in the structure of the RCAF it will be interesting, this is the squadrons codes of the RCAF after world war 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-05-23-35-39.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-05-23-35-39.png
    1 MB · Views: 44
I found such a document where all the codes for the squadrons of the Canadian Air Force from 1939 to 1945 are found

Attachments

• RCAF+Squadron+Codes+-+1939-1945.pdf
    279.5 KB · Views: 19
Back