• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

I'm concerned that a lot of the things that they are going to start getting rid of, are the only things that actually put the CAF in the public eye, except for you know, people getting accused of sexual misconduct.

Meanwhile, and ironically, attrition will go through the roof as the CAF does nothing else but recruits and does dog and pony shows ;)
Without a strategy to actually retain people this is only step 0. Hopefully there is a plan, and someone to see it through. Part if the CAFs problem is one person starts something, gets posted and the next person wants to do it differently.

Without a strategy to actually retain people this is only step 0. Hopefully there is a plan, and someone to see it through. Part if the CAFs problem is one person starts something, gets posted and the next person wants to do it differently.

I recall a similar effort around the time of OP PODIUM.

We did no real training, and spent our time mainly focused on COMREL activities. Numbers declined precipitously as a result.

IIRC that any organization that has to declare 'down tools' to focus on recruiting has no idea how to properly manage a large, complex business in the modern world.

Let me guess:
Ceremonial Guard
National Sentry Program
Mess/Christmas Dinners
Change of Command Parades
Freedom of the City Parade's
Highland Games
Most Public Affairs activities
Iron Warrior and similar activities

Reconstitution has been ongoing for a while.

All those CoC parades that were changed to CoC Ceremonies (in the RCAF, at least) recently? Reconstitution.

Maintenance of Low Ready items for FGBLs sliding slightly for higher priority items? Reconstitution.

People won't stay past their first contract until all the internal issues are addressed first, like pay, postings, PLD (or whatever version you want to call it), COL, housing, outdated equipment, no real direction for the CAF, along with all the other issues already known. CFLRS site shows plenty of BMQ course grad dates coming up, so it's not like St. Jean is empty. Also, waiting months and months for applicants to be offered a spot is unacceptable.

People won't stay past their first contract until all the internal issues are addressed first, like pay, postings, PLD (or whatever version you want to call it), COL, housing, outdated equipment, no real direction for the CAF, along with all the other issues already known. CFLRS site shows plenty of BMQ course grad dates coming up, so it's not like St. Jean is empty. Also, waiting months and months for applicants to be offered a spot is unacceptable.
And getting rid of Change of Command Parades is going to fix that?

That being said, there was one summer in Meaford, where the majority of the base lost the weekend to make up for the time that was spent preparing for a change of command parade. Being staff, I was not on the parade, but I did for some reason have to sit there for three days watching all the parade practices and finally the real thing.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Snowbirds being cut out of this. Also reading the CDS directive, it mentioned about aligning CDA and other stake holders to facilitate accreditation of PLQ. Having been through this process myself for someone, it was the most pain taking admin process ever. This is a low hanging fruit easy to fix imo.

Folks,
Have a read of the Action Items for the CA. It goes beyond cancelling CoC parades.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Snowbirds being cut out of this. Also reading the CDS directive, it mentioned about aligning CDA and other stake holders to facilitate accreditation of PLQ. Having been through this process myself for someone, it was the most pain taking admin process ever. This is a low hanging fruit easy to fix imo.

PLQ changes and the roulette wheel metrology applied on the Qual over the last decade + has not done out Jnr NCO Corps any favours. The Game of Thrones model to its delivery pan-CAF should have been corrected long ago IMO.

I found the below hard to follow

Expected for several months, the order follows a period of unprecedented activity by the military. That includes large-scale deployments to Iraq, Mali, Ukraine and Latvia as well as helping with the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters in Canada.

I don’t think I’d claim any of those are actually large scale when one looks at the size of the CAF, it really just heightens the lack of capabilities the CAF has.

I found the below hard to follow

Expected for several months, the order follows a period of unprecedented activity by the military. That includes large-scale deployments to Iraq, Mali, Ukraine and Latvia as well as helping with the COVID-19 pandemic and natural disasters in Canada.

I don’t think I’d claim any of those are actually large scale when one looks at the size of the CAF, it really just heightens the lack of capabilities the CAF has.

It’s a Govt of Canada technique called…

Excited Fashion GIF by BBC America

😁

Folks,
Have a read of the Action Items for the CA. It goes beyond cancelling CoC parades.

No direction from the RCN yet.

Back