• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment question

Reaction score
What’s the meaning of
“Intake approved” status on application next step is to invite you for an interview and medical. does this mean background is done ?

What’s the meaning of
“Intake approved” status on application next step is to invite you for an interview and medical. does this mean background is done ?
I would ignore most of the notifications on the applicant portal. Its needs some... updating we'll say.

Few questions.

Have you been into the Recruiting Centre to submit your documents? Proof of Citizenship, Transcripts, Proof if ID, Sign the Application Form, fill out various other forms?

If yes then your next step is either CFAT (or deferral of the CFAT), then Interview/Medical (not necessarily at the same time). If no then you need to get those documents to the recruiting centre before this process begins in earnest.

Background check is usually done after the Interview. Background check may have been started before the interview but the problem with that is some things may come up in the interview that changes the background check (like a reference changed, you forgot to put a job on your application, etc...). The interview is supposed to sort that stuff out.

Background checks are taking about two weeks to a month right now for a Criminal Records Name Check and about a month for all the references to be contacted.

My Cfat was done last summers so it’s been over 12 months. During 12 months they were saying background is in progress. They have all my forms docs transcripts and all from the day of my cfat. However, none of my references were contacted I mean I didn’t really ask my references if caf reached out or not . If they were contacted may be I would have known about it. So 50/50 on this.
Suddenly after 12 months I got this email saying “Intake Approved: it means your being invited for step 2medical and interview please select the following dates to come in. It also says if medical and interview is passed your likely to receive an offer. Nowhere it was mentioned that I passed background already.
That’s why I was bit nervous and excited.

Should I still ignore it? I trying to reach out to them for this however couldn’t get an answer yet. Asking here because I’m super excited I just wanna know what could be the possible answer. After all I been waiting for over a year now. Btw applying as permanent resident not citizen.

Currently my file is in the quality check step before going for security clearance. Its been 2 months I am in the quality check process. Any idea about waiting time in this stage?

Back