• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Releases

oscar1

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi new to this so I hope I do this right.

I have a question about releases.  I received a message two months ago saying I was going to be released on a 3B which is medical.  Then today I went into work and I received a disclosure package saying the CF is intending to release me on a 5F with medical disabilities.  I guess my first question is can they change there minds after they have already cut the message and sent it to me?  Second if they can what is a 5F with medical disabilities? Do I still get a medical pension or do I lose everything? What is a 5F with medical disabilities? Do I get any benefits?  When I looked up release categories it didn't have 5F with medical disabilities. Can anyone tell me what it is and which decision is final. The first message I received saying a 3B release or the disclosure package I received two months later saying they intend to release me 5F with medical disabilities.

Thanks

Difference between 3B and 5F releases.....

Item          Category                            Reasons for Release                                                                                                 
3                Medical                            (b) On medical grounds, being disabled and unfit to perform                   
                                                          his duties in his present trade or employment, and not
                                                          otherwise advantageously employable under existing service policy

Special Instructions
(See articles 15.02 – Release as of Right and 15.18 – Voluntary Release – Officers.)

Item          Category                            Reasons for Release 
5                Service Completed                  (f) Unsuitable for Further Service.   

Special Instructions
Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces.                                                                       

Did you not disclose a medical issue when you enrolled?  A 5F release as listed above indicates you have done/not done something to cause your release.  Developing a medical issue after enrolement would not normally indicate a 5F.

The differences between a 3b and a 5f Release are significant (e.g. immediate indexation of CFSA benefits vs no indexation until you reach retirement age) and could cost you thousands of dollars.  You need to speak up now and start asking questions.

Thanks for the feedback. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference  between a 5F and a 5F with medical disabilities. I have 18 years service and don't want to lose my benefits

Again thanks for the help

Oscar1

Please keep us updated on this one.  I am really curious where you have 18 years in.  Only time I ever heard of this was once when a member was found to suffer severe migraines after a couple years in.  Learning something new I think.

Back