• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve for ranks carried over to Regular Force?

BIG E

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello.
I have a question. This may have been brought up before but I have had no luck using the search function.
Im 17 years old and I am going to join the Military. If I spend some time in the Reserve Force will my rank/status be carried over to the regular force?

Also, if I decide to join the regular Force and get sworn in this or next month, do I have a choice of doing a BMQ next year? Thank you.

Retention of rank on Component Transfer from the Reserves to the Regular Force is dependent n too many factors for a simple yes or no answer.  Each case will be examined individually.  In general, direct transfers with all experience taken as a direct equivalency can happen, but should not be expected as the norm.

If you join the Regular Force "this or next month", you start BMQ shortly after enrolling. The Reg Force will not give you the option of delaying your training.

Back