• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running Pace

P-Free

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't find it when I searched, I'm just wondering about running pace in basic training and once you get to your unit. I heard from someone that SigOps run 5km in the morning 5 days a week, just wondering how long this usually takes them.

Cheers.

I'd say 5km usually takes about 20-25 min, but there are always those who go faster and others who run slower...

Greywolf said:
I'd say 5km usually takes about 20-25 min, but there are always those who go faster and others who run slower...

Well first off, don't worry about running at a pace 20-25 mins at Basic. If it was 20 mins for 5 k, that would= 4 mins for every k, and and overall 25.6 mins for the good 'ol 4 miles (6.4k) or EPL. That is something that you should strive for though, who knows if you reach it, you may have a chance to go Airborne ;).

First off,if you can't run DON'T PUSH YOUR SELF!!!

Just go to the track run 500 m then walk if to much drop it too 250m then walk and do this till it is not uncomfortable the increase distance and once it start's to become difficult walk and stay at that pace but do it for 1 hour or less.

Pace your self.
You should be in half arsed shape when you come in,if not it's going to hurt people.!! :'( :o
You have excepted the life but the life is not like the MOVIES.

Life in the Military whether it be the Mo. or Reg. takes dedication and self discipline and that self discipline once learned will stand you in good stead for yuor whole Career in the C.F. or in Civie Life after you leave.

P.S.

STAY AWAY FROM THE ROIDS!!!

YOU WILL BE CAUGHT !!!

Can anyone tell me what the average minutes/mile pace is at reg force BMQ?

No one has posted an exact number but if you read most of the posting about running you, I,  get an idea that it is about 8 minutes, give or take.  But, like all the posts say......some are faster some are slower. Take it with a grain of salt and just do your best.

Back