• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 12th to December 9th Basic

canadianblue

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Was just wondering who all is going to Basic September 12.

I'm going Sig Op, and will be at St Jean from September 12th to December 9th

I had an offer of Sept 26 - Dec 9 in Borden is this possible that it is two weeks shorter than yours?

That was the date that was given to me, and I believe I would be heading off to St Jean around that time. Once again I am still waiting for my recruiter to give me more information on swearing in, BMQ, etc.

mbhabfan said:
I had an offer of Sept 26 - Dec 9 in Borden is this possible that it is two weeks shorter than yours?

Are you doing reg force basic in Borden? God I hope it's true and I get sent there!

I thought that all Basic Training for the regular force goes through CFLRS St Jean???

If not, then hey Borden might not be that bad.

The rumor is that they are going to start funnelling people through Borden. It looks like mbhabfan is going reg's AVN and he is going to Borden, I think I'll beg them to let me go there. Not the Mega, anything but the Mega.  >:D

Man I hope that my recruiter calls me soon so I can figure what's happening. I wonder if their going to be getting people going into trades like SigOp, and such to go through Borden. I'm kindof wondering what sense it would make to send a person for Basic, yet won't get the same length of training as others.

that is why I was questioning the dates...somewhere on another board it has already been discussed that they would be routing some extra recruits through Borden but I haven't heard it would be any shorter in length but I am positive of what the PO told me on the phone.  I wrote it down as he was telling me.

I just got called today. I'm got accepted as LCIS tech and my BMQ is September 26 - December 9 in Borden.

Island Ryhno said:
I think I'll beg them to let me go there. Not the Mega, anything but the Mega.  >:D

What is it that makes Borden so much better?

Nothing makes Borden "better" but nothing could be worse than St.Jean. Check out this thread about the center of excellence!
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31840.0.html

I'm scheduled to attend basic from September 26th to December 9th.  The recruiter never mentioned where it was going to be, I assumed it would be in St. Jean, but I guess I'll ask on Tuesday when I go in for my update PT and interview.

For the author of this post, is it possible you were told you would be sworn in on the 12th of September, and maybe missed the start date of your BMQ?

It doesn't seem to make any sense at all that one BMQ would be longer than another.  Maybe the person gave you the information made a mistake and quoted you one of the wrong dates.

Anyway, I'm sure that they told me I'm getting sworn in on Sept. 2nd, starting basic on the 26th, and completing on Dec. 9th.

I thought that was the date for my BMQ as the recruiter told me. However he also said that another recruiter would be calling me to give me information on swearing in, BMQ, what to bring, etc.

I'm kindof hoping I can be sent to Borden because it seems as though more people from my trade will be going through there. I'm still wondering where I'll be doing my SQ course.

GrahamD said:
I'm scheduled to attend basic from September 26th to December 9th.  The recruiter never mentioned where it was going to be, I assumed it would be in St. Jean, but I guess I'll ask on Tuesday when I go in for my update PT and interview.

You still have to do update PT and interviews after you've been merit listed and selected?

atticus said:
You still have to do update PT and interviews after you've been merit listed and selected?

Apparently I do.  It made me nervous when she told me that I had to do another update interview, but I asked if it was normal, and she told me that yes it was.  I guess its just because I haven't been in for PT testing in over 6 months, and its also been awhile since my last update interview.

Just re-did my interview and PT,(expired in June).  Pass the PT last time blew it away this time.  Don't stop training after you pass it the first time. KEEP training.

Guys, I did my interview here in St.John's yesterday morning. Here is the info that was given to me by the Cpt doing the interview. The BMQ is now 13 weeks, you do fitness tests in week 2 and 8...blah blah blah. That was his statement, I highly doubt he was pulling my chain. Perhaps this is the situation, all people selected for BMQ before yesterdays date will do the 10 week course, anyone there after will do the 13 week course. Also about the BMQ in Borden, again from the recruiter, sometimes they put overflow "purple" trades (i.e. supp techs, cooks etc) in Borden to do the BMQ.  8)

I got BMQ at St. Jean starting September 5, I believe I leave on the September 3. When my recruiter told me I started in September she wasn't too sure on how long it would be, but I went back in last week to talk to her and she said she was just about positive I would be attending the same BMQ people have been going through for some time, but they are in fact changing it very soon. Perhaps I will be the last class before they change it over to the 13 week program. Also I'll mention that I am in a purple trade (411 Veh Tech) and I am definitely going to St. Jean.

I am going RMS......."purple trade"  and I am going to St Jean.

RS

Back