• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Serious Discussion on the Treatment of Liberals on These Forums

I have to say that, I too would prefer if we all spent a little more time arguing the substance (or lack of) about a particular policy, rather than engage in ad hominum type attacks.  It is pretty easy to say (for instance) "the Liberals suck".  It is a bit more difficult to say (but much more useful) "I disagree with the Liberal Party's policy on A, because of X, Y and Z".

Go visit rabble.ca  if you want to see thousands of threads of useless blind partisan attacks that pretty much go nowhere.

Sadly it is a little late for this topic. I think most politcal moderates have been chased off from the site already. This site is for far right Conservative members of the Army. As I've been told others simply do not belong.

Nemo888 said:
Sadly it is a little late for this topic. I think most politcal moderates have been chased off from the site already. This site is for far right Conservative members of the Army. As I've been told others simply do not belong.

hubba?!  ::) wow... if that's the case wth am I doing here then? I'm definetly NOT right wing Conservative. WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!

Ok heres my 2 Cents (inflamatory as usual) to maltreate Liberals or Liberal supporters (and by this I mean personal attacks) is indeed wrong, we have a constitution to protect these rights. Heres the other side of the coin for all those who support the Military and are card carrying Liberals (yes they are out there) and perhaps in a place to influence thier partys policy on defence. Read a book "Who Killed the Canadian Military" by Jack Granatstien, he takes pot shots at leaders from both conservative and liberal parties ie
Diefenbaker killed the military
Mike Pearson killed the military
Hellyer went too far and killed the Canadian military
Pierre Trudeau viewed soldiers as unintelligent thugs...Trudeau killed the Canadian Military
Mulroney killed the Canadian Forces
Jean Chrétien finished off the Canadian Forces
"Canadians, for the most part, are ill informed on national interests, defence needs, and the new world order"
of course you'll notice his strongest points if you read the book point more towards the Hellyer/Trudeau boondoggle of unification (A liberal effort) but it is only fair to point out that he did take shots at both major parties. So the personal attacks wrong the personal opinions, well thats all they are, everybodies got one

...and who knows, in 10 years we could all be here bashing the "dark decade" that the Conservatives unleashed upon us....

I think anyone with a realistic ounce of truthfulness knows the reason MOST here bash the Liberals is, well because they have been wearing the crown more than the other party lately.

Everyone bitches about the next rank up.........until they themselves become one.

muahahaha you and I both ArtyNewbie! Used to make fun of em all the time! When I becamse one I swore I'd never repeat the same mistakes that those...um...people did before me! Where did that get me?! 4 different hats to wear! FOUR!!!! UGH!!! and STILL an OCdt  ;D

Hey Nemo888, which party at both levels is this " far right Conservative"  knockin' here?
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/60186/post-558241.html#msg558241

Many of us have "here" on this forum have served through the Liberal years in power, most of, but not all have retired. Many of us on overseas deployments, the Balkans comes to mind, seen and experienced the funding cuts first hand. Having to Cannibalize equipment and vehicles to make other equipment and vehicles servicebale, because there wasn't enough spare parts at home to send over. Troop shortages, Pay freezes, shortage of basic necessities like uniforms, boots, our best friend became a sowing kit and a bag of buttons to keep our uniforms mended. No money to train, budget cut after budget cut , year after year and the list goes on and on. Just like the CDS said it was the "decade of darkness" for the CF, rings so true.

Of any government in power since 1968 to the present, starting with Pierre Trudeau, the Liberal party did the most damage.

If the Conservatives had done the damage, I would be harping on them.

I don't care what party you support, but please do some research before you open up a can of worms like this.

Gimpy said:
I'm not trying to come off as whiny or immature but I feel that this is a very serious issue.

Whinge, whinge, whinge!

At 19, you might have voted in one federal election.

Politics is more than a text book in school or university for that matter.

Don't like what you hear on here? Go elsewhere if it eats at you, if not SUCK it UP! Offended perhaps  ::)  no one cares, the Liberals have always been against Defence, and if you want a strong Defence Force, you will get that from the current governemt. The Liberals in Canada were inbread and incestous, and the country needed a break.

Between the ages of 18 and 35 I voted in every federal election in Canada. Since 1997 to present, I have voted in every Australian federal, state and local election. Its law, if not you get fined, and since I earned my citizenship here, I love exercising my vote, more so than I did in Canada. I have voted in two Canadian federal elections while over here. I do not anymore.

When you get a few federal elections under you belt and understand what really goes on in the real world (aside from textbooks and the INet), maybe then I will listen to you, and speaking of listening, maybe you should do that on here.

Regards from a hot tropical day on the Coral Sea,

Wes

Nemo888 said:

- You clearly do not remember "MADMAX" - a fine soldier, slightly to the right of Attila The Hun - being chased off this site in three days flat.

- The Left is actually humoured here.  They FEEL picked on because they run (and censor) every OTHER Canadian website on the internet, with the possible exception of www.canadiangunnutz.com

- The Left is not happy unless they can stifle ALL opposing thought.  That's why Human Rights Commission Kangaroo Courts were created - to outspend the truth.

Interesting debate.
Who cares.?
You can do nothing about the past however you can all do something about the shape of the future.
If all you’re concentrated your efforts went towards changing the way things are I am sure you would make a difference.

Wesley (Finally Home Down Under) said:
Whinge, whinge, whinge!

At 19, you might have voted in one federal election.

Politics is more than a text book in school or university for that matter.

Don't like what you hear on here? Go elsewhere if it eats at you, if not SUCK it UP! Offended perhaps  ::)  no one cares, the Liberals have always been against Defence, and if you want a strong Defence Force, you will get that from the current governemt. The Liberals in Canada were inbread and incestous, and the country needed a break.

Between the ages of 18 and 35 I voted in every federal election in Canada. Since 1997 to present, I have voted in every Australian federal, state and local election. Its law, if not you get fined, and since I earned my citizenship here, I love exercising my vote, more so than I did in Canada. I have voted in two Canadian federal elections while over here. I do not anymore.

When you get a few federal elections under you belt and understand what really goes on in the real world (aside from textbooks and the INet), maybe then I will listen to you, and speaking of listening, maybe you should do that on here.

Regards from a hot tropical day on the Coral Sea,

Wes

Now this is the post that I was expecting coming into this. You call the Liberals of Canada inbred and incestuous, well now doesn't that seem like a bit of a personal attack? I certainly don't fool around with my relatives and for that matter if we are going by the stereotype wouldn't conservatives be more likely to do that? But that's not the main purpose of this site. You say I should listen and that you won't listen to me because I'm 19 and have only one federal elections under my belt, so do you suggest that I stop posting here for another 5 years? That's absurd and I don't think many other people feel that way. This is the internet, where age should play no factor in discussions but more so the intelligence of the debate. Just for the record as well, by merely voting in an election in doesn't give you any more experience than I might have, we've both voted so thats a moot point.

GIMPY
       If you can´t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.This site is mainly populated by military,
ex military and people who have some connection or interest in the military and people who post
liberal or other left-wing babble generally get stomped on.There are plenty of historical reasons for
this, which I am sure others can fill you in on. But my suggestion to you is find your self another site
that is little more PC,although IMO this site is PC enough,as you will never be happy here.
                          Regards

time expired said:
GIMPY
        If you can´t stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.This site is mainly populated by military,
ex military and people who have some connection or interest in the military and people who post
liberal or other left-wing babble generally get stomped on.There are plenty of historical reasons for
this, which I am sure others can fill you in on. But my suggestion to you is find your self another site
that is little more PC,although IMO this site is PC enough,as you will never be happy here.
                          Regards

OK, I want to make this clear. I've never said anywhere in my posts that I wanted to leave or that I disliked it here. This site is very informative and I really like this site, but my main concern is that on topics of politics or anywhere where the words Liberals or NDP comes up there are always little backhanded comments that are ill-informed and add nothing to the topic. You can find plenty of historical reasons for conservative dislike as well but that doesn't mean that I am going to make remarks about previous conservatives in every post.

As long time readers of Army.ca know, I often take Occam's razor into battle against various "left wing" posters in the Canadian Politics thread, and certainly delight in slicing up the poorly thought out arguments of the Left. On the other hand, I will certainly take the time to engage in serious debate with any Liberal, NDP or even Communist Party member who takes the time to make well thought out arguments, based on facts, historical observations etc. I have even offered up a thread on the Euston Manifesto in Canadian Politics for this purpose, with very few takers.

The problem is poorly thought out arguments are ALL that various left wing parties and their supporters seem to come up with, hence the drubbing they get here where people make careers on literally life and death analysis of information. When the rubber hits the road, you cannot ignore contrary evidence or facts which do not fit pre existing patterns of belief, wheras many politicians from left wing parties seem to believe in six impossible things before breakfast (just read the constant flip flopping on various issues).

That being said, the Conservative Party of Canada can and will get a rough ride from the very same posters (including me) when they start making bad decisions. I have already posted against the recent budget because of the bloated spending, worry about the way they are flapping in the wind on so called Climate Change and will comment negatively on them if deemed nessesary.

Interesting debate, loving every line of it.

One thing Gimpy.

I fyou dont like reading about stomping. then Dont...simple as this. I like to read about politics, it is a good way to keep inform.

I will not defend the libs. for the scandals they had at the end of their reign. Would it have been the CP I would not have defend it. Wheter its the libs or the CP, I will go with the party the is doing the best job. So far, CP is doing what he is telling. to my opinion at this moment thats is what is important.

Personnal attacks or other kind of attacks are not fun. I fyou disagree with them, you can always repports to the mod, THEY will determine if it ok or not and THEY will take action.

Gimpy:

I agree with you - intelligent debate is a wonderful thing.  Personal attacks are not.

However - consider that this IS the Internet, albeit a very special little corner of it.  I do believe that you'll find a significant percentage of the posters here are well considered, logical, and passionate people.  There are, of course, many "less mature" folk who frequent these forums.  I too have been disappointed to watch various interesting discussions spiral down into flame-wars when these "less mature" folk decide to chime in.  I think the DS here do a wonderful job of controlling this tendency.

For what it's worth - the only other site I frequent which has a similar "mature atmosphere" is a woodworking forum (not a subject likely to attract 12 year old superninja wannabe's) and even THERE the discussion occasionally spirals into a "my tool is better than your tool because I said so" flame-fest.

It's the internet - take out of it what is worth taking - ignore the rest (more easily said than done, I know - but practice makes it easier in time).

Roy

Back