• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt. Ron Gillis -- Airborne

SimplySweet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm not looking for Ron Gillis, I know him quite well, he is my stepdad. Just doing a little poll here, he likes to tell me stories how "everyone" knows him, so far this has held true, as my fiance now is in the military and likes to ask everyone he meets if he knows Ron Gillis and everyone seems to know of him or has had a few beers with my old man. So if you know him let me know.

Thanks

:D

Yep,

I know your stepdad. Have had more than a few beers with him too. Just tell him Ronnie & Bill say hi.  ;)

Edited...

I'm sure you've been there once or twice when I had beers with him too.

Yep, count another one that knows your dad, I dunno how many that know him, but anyone that's served with him will never forget him; he's one of those "legends", a true "break glass in case of war" types ;D. I knew him from way back in the 70's in North Bay
The last time I saw him was almost 14-15 years ago in Edmonton IIRC while I was there on a Telex. He was a PI at the CABC haranguing a basic para course in the air at DZ Buxton, just from the way he walked and was giving them a blast I knew it was him from over 100 m away.
Hope he's doin' well.

If he was in 3RCR in 1998 and went to Bosnia with the Bn, then I know him.  If not, then not.

Command-Sense-Act 105 said:
If he was in 3RCR in 1998 and went to Bosnia with the Bn, then I know him.  If not, then not.

I believe that Ron is PPCLI.... (I think he'd love the RCR though)!!  >:D

I'm pretty sure he's in Shilo now after leaving CPC Trenton.

I served with Ron on the Skyhawks in 1989.........it was a very good year. Believe he discovered MGD in Perris Valley LOL as it was not yet sold in Canada.

Ask him how his landing was on the Currie Barracks Parade Square at the PPCLI 75th!

BTW he has a lot of dirt on me too. Mitch sends his regards from Fort McMurray given we are both now retired farts, believe I saw a request for retirement messages when he was in Wainwright about a year ago or so Vern.

Ron retired from the reg force last year (PPCLI) and is now officially a member of 5 platoon, B Coy, the Canadian Scottish Regiment in Comox, BC.

Back