• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should I be worried?

Yeah, looks like that‘s what I‘d have to do, although I‘ll have to wait until I‘m older to see where I stand with it all... I hear the surgery is more risky when your eyes are worse, so I‘ll have to weigh all the risks and benefits when I come to it.. (and now we play the waiting game :) )

As for now, I‘ve still got some interesting trades open to me, so I‘m looking into that..

Interesting...

How bad does your eyes have to be before you are barred from combat trades?

Because I have pretty bad eyesight, but I‘m right now doing Res BMQ...

I friend of mine who just got out who wore COKE BOTTLE‘S was Air Born Engineer in Pet and was a unarmed combat instructor ,heavy equipment operator before he got out had no propb‘s but when he went for laser surgery the army threatened to release him as you are non operational for 6 month‘s as you eye sight has to recover.

All‘s he said was " Are you denying me the right to improve my life style?"Whoa it threw a wobbler into the system, they backed off but said if your eye‘s are worse you will be released with no medical or recourse as this was your own choice!

So beware if you are Reg. and do it , you do it risking you career if the op. fail‘s!

Oh and his operation was A1.

Oh the reason he got out was to many tour‘s back to back and no support from our higher and Gov.
and he was a bloody good Sapper!

It was the correct response. If sex change operations will be funded for the sake of self-esteem, why should a member‘s eyesight, or knees, or whatever be any less worthy?

Back