• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Signals Recruits, Ready for Training

Frikkin O club. Nothing but a whole load of recruits and yelling Frenchmen on a Saturday night. Why not go into town you ask? Confined to base after a week in the field, the only place on the base that would serve alcohol to recruits. If you've ever been in there just imagine 300 recruits jammed in there all trying to get shitfaced at the same time. Next weekend I go there and they ID me, tossed for being underage. Yet I got the card to get into the place and I pay mess dues!! A story for another time..

The gym.. yeah! Great gym, will be hitting that place up everyday..

Internet access... if PRETC barracks is where I think it is, it is right next door to the internet cafe.

Just a tidbit to add.. I wasnt even drinking at the O club!! Just hanging out with my buddies and watching the game..

If you are underage you aren't allowed on any of the messes on base.

The internet cafe sucks, only 3 computers. I got my own laptop, so if somone has wireless internet in the building I can use that  ;D

Have you actually been in PRETC? Or did you just finish your BMQ there?

Just finished BMQ in Borden 16 DEC 05, report date to PRETC is 03 JAN 06.

If I pay the mess dues and have a card to the friggin place why am I not allowed in? Doesn't make sense to me..

You pay mess dues because you have to belong to a mess.

If you are underage you won't be allowed into the H Club, or parts of the O Club since alcohol is served there. But you can goto the minors section of the O Club.

In '95 there was also a base teen center!  You might want to check that out. 
(I was also 18 when I did BDT in Borden.)

Paragraph 16 of the following document seems to indicate underage PERs are allowed in, just not allowed to be served alcohol.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/admie/dgcps/CME_customs_Split_internet/English/Chapter_7_The_Military_Mess.pdf

In '95 the mess of choice on a weekend was the A Club, long gone now...  Being underage, I had a different colored mess card than everyone else so the doorman knew to stamp the hell out of my hands so I couldn't pay for a drink all night.  But, of course as you can imagine there were ways around it.

I'm fairly certain underage members are allowed into the messes, just not allowed to drink.

I know at unit messes underage troops are allowed in. But from my experiance in Borden, minors are not allowed into any of the messes that serve alcohol.

They got the two different mess cards(one for minors an ones who are legal drinking age), didn't really mean anything in Borden(least when I was there), just showed that you paid mess dues. They still checked everyones ID(since people can borrow someone elses mess card).

Just a Sig Op said:
I'm fairly certain underage members are allowed into the messes, just not allowed to drink.
I have never heard that members were not aloud in the mess because they were underage but not being aloud to drink is a definite as they have to follow the provicial rules for drinking laws.

Luck, I bet you got caught up on your inability to get alcohol in borden, eh?

Can't believe you were there in '95 but do remember when you got to the regiment.

CndSigs, pet sucks now.  Just hasn't been as good as it was since Jun '94. lol

Back