• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Small Question about Training

Dija

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all, little tiny question.

I fully expect everything to go smoothly as this is a professional setting, but I can't comfortably say that my height hasn't been a problem before.

Will I get into basic and end up bumping my head on door frames? Will they have a uniform in my size? Can I find size 13 1/2 boots?

I'm 6'6 220lbs, 25BMI

Thanks,

Dija.

6' 6" should be good to go. Armoured vehicles may be an issue. I can assume where you will be when you form up on parade...  Good luck.

A boy on our sister platoon was 6'10".
HE WAS HUGE, he had no problems... just had to duck a lot. Boots weren't a problem either. You arent the first 6'6" to want to join.

You might find marching a challenge.  I only say this because when I took recruit training with the Militia in 1979 we had a big guy in our unit.  He took big steps when he walked so he found himself getting out of step a lot when marching. 
Just something you'll likely have to keep in mind when you're on parade doing drill

Tom

Thanks all, much appreciated.

I'll keep marching in mind, and perhaps I'll look into a new trade for my #3  ;)

Back