• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Relaxing Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

The new sleeping bag. Synthetic insulation.

This thing looks really big, and heavy.... is it?

It’s about half the weight, packs smaller too. Reality is sleeping bags and synthetic fill have gotten much better since the 1980s. It’s also a mummy bag which is a nice step. Being able to machine wash it is also nice.

It’s about half the weight, packs smaller too. Reality is sleeping bags and synthetic fill have gotten much better since the 1980s. It’s also a mummy bag which is a nice step. Being able to machine wash it is also nice.

Good news!

The only problem I've ever had with synthetic bags is the size and weight.

Don't count your chickens JUST yet young Jedi - The Force can be very fickle.
Hey I’m not dealing with a lot of regular army stuff. Sometimes if you try hard you get to dress like a cool kid.

Attachments

• F3D45649-4B2E-43E6-98B3-2267934A2084.jpeg
    F3D45649-4B2E-43E6-98B3-2267934A2084.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 46
7v016Rx.jpg

U82CgFu.jpg

You know what? This is a great idea.

I can't count the number of times I've been 'saved', in one way or another, by making the choice to layer with wool undergarments. Which I have usually had to purchase myself at great cost.

Having 4 different weights to choose from is also a great idea.

Well done on this one, CAF! ;)

So first option is basically a replacement for the current t-shirt/underwear combination. Why is the second option partially seethrough, I can already see the Op Honour complaints.

Also, how am I supposed to be able to tell the difference between them when I dig into my rucksack in complete darkness?

So first option is basically a replacement for the current t-shirt/underwear combination. Why is the second option partially seethrough, I can already see the Op Honour complaints.

Also, how am I supposed to be able to tell the difference between them when I dig into my rucksack in complete darkness?
It's underwear... if you're running around in your underwear, regardless of transparency, there will be complaints.

The graphic clearly indicates it's the active layer, so to be worn when doing frequent physical activity.

To ensure all members are properly shaved?
Though shaving genitalia on operations is a little silly…

Feel and thickness? I suspect you would have two types at most with your Ruck.

So first option is basically a replacement for the current t-shirt/underwear combination. Why is the second option partially seethrough,
The second option is the Nordic Mesh and is designed for when you are doing high-intensity activity such as pulling a toboggan. It is really good at wicking the moisture away from the skin to another layer. It is also good for when you layer it with either the lightweight or midweight thermals ( the right two options in the picture). The mesh helps creates air pockets which help keep you warm.

The second option is the Nordic Mesh and is designed for when you are doing high-intensity activity such as pulling a toboggan. It is really good at wicking the moisture away from the skin to another layer. It is also good for when you layer it with either the lightweight or midweight thermals ( the right two options in the picture). The mesh helps creates air pockets which help keep you warm.

The 'string vests' also make great nightclub wear in Oslo ;)

Back