• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers spar with UFC heavyweight

BulletMagnet said:
I much prefer no Gi, most street fights dont have people wearing anything close to a Gi more times then not but you still need to know some of the Gi related chokes etc.

I would argue the complete opposite. How many times do you go out wearing no shirt/rashgaurd and a speedo?

Most fights I've been in seen were at a club/bar and the people are generally wearing some form of pants (jeans usually, not different from Gi pants at all) and a button up, collared shirt with sleeves (much like a Gi top, and a nice strong collar to boot) and sometimes a jacket (again, same as a Gi). At the end of the day a Gi is just clothing, and people usually wear clothes.

However, Pedro Sauer explained to us at a seminar that the reason it is so valuable in training is for your defense. The extra friction and places for your opponent to hold and grip forces you to use perfect technique, where no-Gi allows you to be sloppy with that technique because you're slipping and sliding out of things that normally you'd be caught in.

I like No-Gi for practicing stuff from guard. If you can sweep/submit someone from guard without a sleeve/collar to grip onto, chances are you can do it pretty easily when you've got those kind of things to grab.

And every fight I have been in have been usually Jeans and Tshirt.... We hang out in different clubs LOL

BulletMagnet said:
And ever fight I have been in have been usually Jeans and Tshirt.... We hang out in different clubs LOL

Hahaha nice, or maybe we're at the same club and you're the guy I always see wearing the TapouT t-shirt :p

Usually Affliction or Silver Star... ;)

I don't own a single thing of Tap Out but I do own affliction, silver star and hyabusa.... But I train so I don't feel like a poser (to badly)

Back