• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sonar Op Material

cwright

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm interested in joining the navy as a sonar operator. Is there any material that will help me get ahead and pick up the training quicker?

I read someone say it's a lot about oceanography, but are there more focused topics?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just noticed there is a subforum for Sonar Op in the Navy Trades section. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

cwright said:
Hello,

I'm interested in joining the navy as a sonar operator. Is there any material that will help me get ahead and pick up the training quicker?

I read someone say it's a lot about oceanography, but are there more focused topics?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just noticed there is a subforum for Sonar Op in the Navy Trades section. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

What they teach you on your QL3's will be enough.. if you want to know the basics of how Sonar works I recommend youtubing it. The course doesn't require you to get a "leg up" as it were.

Back