• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sportsnet Forum and the Afghan Mission

krustyrl

Inactive
Reaction score
http://forums.sportsnet.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=243623&start=15&tstart=15

To say the troops are not the government is to say each individual has no freedom of choice...which isn't true.

Troops aren't putting their lives on the line for our benefit. They're putting their lives on the line for political reasons. That's the difference between saying support the troops now compared to saying support the troops in WW2. No one is trying to kill us. No one is being aggressive to us. We're going there, into their countries, picking sides & killing the other. Don't you think the others are going to respond or just sit there dying?

We have no right to say who runs their country until the people running it try to do something to us.

WoW, has anyone read any of the comments on this.?
I realise it is a Sports forum but there are some very narrow-minded people out there. Take some time to read a few posts on the above thread from sportsnet.ca.

It all stems from the Troops at the Leafs/Sens game. I was rather shocked.!    :mad:

I read some of that topic and it's basically just one person saying the same thing over and over again. It's not really anything to worry about but it is sad how closed-minded  some people are when it comes to the CF.

Its quite sad to see how narrow minded people are.... like one comment "People have the choice to join the army, and if they dont like the war they can leave its not like canada will punish them" thats the most pathetic comment i've ever heard

Ah... just an oxygen thief... I'm not losing any sleep over it.  ;)

There is always going to be some who have an issue with these sorts of things. Don't pay any attention to it.

Back