• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Standard Issue

Allan14

Inactive
Reaction score
As I've seen, there are two main weapons for an infantry soldier.  The C7A2 and the C8A3.  What i'm wondering is, who gets what?  Do half the soldiers get a C7 and the others C8?  I've only really ever seen a C7 in recruiting videos, so how do you get a C8?

Not sure how other units do it, but it usually comes down to position - If you have a reason to need one (which is subjective) you will likely be issued one.  In a Rifle Coy our signalers had one, as did the majority of the Veh Crews.  M203 Gunners usually had one as well, to off set the additional weight.  No idea how other Units would make those calls however - likely be tied to how many were available, etc.

Offically as per MCS Establisment for the Infantry the C8s are for veh crews and some for Recce in a Mech BN the Light BNs are allocated the same ammount to give them flexibility. In reality it is as Ayrsayle stated up to the inividual units and sub-units to allocate the C8s as the see fit.  So the CO and OCs will decide during their mission analysis how best to employ their weapons for their unit, there is no text book answer.

Back