• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stephen Harper Interview

While I share the view that Prime Minister Harper would have been infinitely preferable over the past six years to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (or anyone in the Trudeau cabinet), this interview is a gift for the Trudeau-Liberal campaign. Erin O'Toole will now be forced to address every point and every nuance and every supposition that 75% of Canadian journalists will draw from the Harper interview. The campaign can, now, be framed as Trudeau vs Harper and Prime Minister Harper is, still, not liked, in fact he is, still, actively disliked by most Canadians.

While I share the view that Prime Minister Harper would have been infinitely preferable over the past six years to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (or anyone in the Trudeau cabinet), this interview is a gift for the Trudeau-Liberal campaign. Erin O'Toole will now be forced to address every point and every nuance and every supposition that 75% of Canadian journalists will draw from the Harper interview. The campaign can, now, be framed as Trudeau vs Harper and Prime Minister Harper is, still, not liked, in fact he is, still, actively disliked by most Canadians.

While I have no doubt our unbiased media will use this to try to play boogie man card I don't think it's a very controversial interview. Hes actually empathetic to JT and Libs a few times.

O'Toole is a dud. This interview isnt going to keep people from voting CPC. Our crappy performance, continuous gotcha politics; and our inability to control our own label will though.

I have to agree with that assessment. This won’t help the CPC.

While I have no doubt our unbiased media will use this to try to play boogie man card I don't think it's a very controversial interview. Hes actually empathetic to JT and Libs a few times.

O'Toole is a dud. This interview isnt going to keep people from voting CPC. Our crappy performance, continuous gotcha politics; and our inability to control our own label will though.
Campaigns matter. At least to me. My local MP (CPC) knocked on my door yesterday. His in person persona doesn’t match his TV persona, but he is a good MP to the constituents even though I hate his style. I don’t know who the liberal candidate is yet. The message I got from him was all about the economy which was encouraging. And he spoke French to me, not that it mattered, but disproved a lot of talk about his willingness to communicate in that language.

I want to see what is on the table from both.

Back