• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Streamlined Component Transfer - DGMC Process

I currently have no access to the DIN, and there are probably others too.  Can you please cut and paste the memo into the thread...thanks!

Unfortuantely, it's a scanned document.  The gist is as follows:

Career Managers will maintain lists of vacant Reg F positions, updating monthly; CFRCs will use these to determine whether a position is available to accelerate the CT process.  Note that this does not apply if you are looking for an Occupational Transfer at the same time, only if you're staying in the same trade.

New rules apply only to those applying on or after 01 Oct 06.

I will have to say, with my own experience and that of of my MCpl, I would really need to see something substantial to agree that any "improvements" have been made to the CT process.

But I am biased right now so ignore my whining.   ;D  Carry on as if I were normal...

Mud Recce Man:  Are you and your MCpl staying in the same trade, or changing trades as well?  That can make a tremendous difference in the speed of the process.  As well, the new "expedited" process is only for those staying in trade.

In addition, one of the stumbling blocks is generally not the recruiting system, but rather the Army office charged with examining your file and assessing equivalencies and such.  We've made such a hash of the training system, with fundamental overhauls and changes to courses several times over the past few years that it can be difficult to identify what training can be written off and what must be done (or done again).

dapaterson said:
Mud Recce Man:  Are you and your MCpl staying in the same trade, or changing trades as well?  That can make a tremendous difference in the speed of the process.  As well, the new "expedited" process is only for those staying in trade.

In addition, one of the stumbling blocks is generally not the recruiting system, but rather the Army office charged with examining your file and assessing equivalencies and such.  We've made such a hash of the training system, with fundamental overhauls and changes to courses several times over the past few years that it can be difficult to identify what training can be written off and what must be done (or done again).

Actually dapaterson, the trouble has been elsewhere.  It has been with CFHS staff, and not necessarily their own fault either...which is why I said "carry on as if I were normal".

Both me and my MCpl are doing CT/OTs, so the PLAR factor was doubled.

Just little things, but seems they are always happening.  They lost his file, mine sat on someone's desk for months...stuff like that.  I see some breaks in the process that affected me and I have some suggestions on how they would be fixed but...

Its getting better, its not perfect and people like me have to try to remain focused and get over one hurtle at a time...which I am doing.  I would definitely have some recommendations if anyone said "MRM, what would YOU do to help the CT process?".  I am not holding my breathe for that one though!

;)

Back