• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer combat boots.

Sockeye

Reaction score
Hi all.

Any feedback on the standard issue Canadian hot weather boots? Non steel toe version.

What brand/model are they, how comfortable and if they can be obtained by non defence member?

Thanks

Is there a list of approved canadian army boots or you can buy anything you want and get reimbursed?

Is there a list of approved canadian army boots or you can buy anything you want and get reimbursed?
There’s a list of requirements. I’d avoid anything that was actually issued as your can almost certainly do much better.

Here is the list of requirements that boots soldiers purchase must meet:

4. BOOT SELECTION CRITERIA.

A. NOTWITHSTANDING THE DESIRE FOR INCREASED FLEXIBILITY, THE CAF

ALSO HAS THE RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE OPERATIONAL FOOTWEAR

IN USE BY CAF MEMBERS IS SAFE FOR USE, ADHERES TO DRESS REGULATIONS

AND WILL MEET THE DEMANDS OF AN OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT.

B. THEREFORE, THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA MUST BE MET WHEN SELECTING

BOOTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PURCHASE AND REIMBURSEMENT:

(1). COLOUR. BROWN IS PREFERRED, BUT BLACK OR TAN IS ACCEPTABLE AS

PART OF PHASE 1.

(2). TEMPERATURE RANGE. SHOULD BE DESIGNED TO OPERATE IN TEMPERATE

CONDITIONS, BETWEEN PLUS 4 CELSIUS AND PLUS 35 CELSIUS.

(3). HEIGHT. MINIMUM 15 CM, MAXIMUM 23CM, AS MEASURED FROM INSIDE

THE BOOT, ON TOP OF THE FOOTBED TO THE HIGHEST POINT.

(4). SOLE. NON-MARKING, FUEL, OIL, AND ACID RESISTANT NITRILE RUBBER

OUTSOLE.

Realistically, if you just wanted a pair of desert-style combat boots that you can buy off the shelf, check out your local CANEX. I wouldn't claim to be an expert on army-based combat boots and their life-expectancy, but I would think that CANEX would be a good place to start.

Just my 2 cents...

Well.

I don’t need just any desert boots, I have already got several pairs, issued and purchased. I wanted to have a pair of canadian army boots to bring home from a Canadian holiday.

In Australia, the kit, uniforms and footwear is highly regulated. There are several boots models you can have issued to you, and there is a limited list of 6-7 specific models approved by the chief of defence force for a personal purchase.

You can try and sneak something in, and it may be a great pair of boots, but you are risking a major trouble from CSM/RSM side of things.

Canadian issue boots look remarkably similar to some of the permitted models that has become impossible to find. Hence, the interest.

Noted, Sockeye. But what makes you think that Canadian know anything about what one should wear in the desert, as compared to Australians? Arctic boots may be more in our court. ;)

No specific reason, really. Just wanted something interesting and special for a change.

Fortunately, no need for the arctic gear here. Any summer boot with solid sock will be fine anywhere across the continent. People deployed to Afghanistan in the winter were issued commercial Zamberlans. And this is no longer a thing, anyway.

lol

Canadian kit can’t be so grossly inferior to what we got here.
This looks rather promising.

IMG-0561.jpg

lol

Canadian kit can’t be so grossly inferior to what we got here.
This looks rather promising.

IMG-0561.jpg
I’m sure the ADF was promised really amazing stuff too that under-delivered…

There is always something. Under any government, in any military.

However, at the digger level the Army supplies you with everything you need and then some. Not much to complain.

We get issued two pair of boots. Australian Redbacks and fancy light Daniers. Plus, there is are special options for females.
The kit is solid and plentiful. In general, if there something that you want but wasn’t issued, there is a good chance you don't need it at all.

IMG-1211.jpg

There is always something. Under any government, in any military.

However, at the digger level the Army supplies you with everything you need and then some. Not much to complain.

We get issued two pair of boots. Australian Redbacks and fancy light Daniers. Plus, there is are special options for females.
The kit is solid and plentiful. In general, if there something that you want but wasn’t issued, there is a good chance you don't need it at all.

IMG-1211.jpg
I’m not Army, but I jealously looked at your (RAAF) 2-piece flight suits.

Back