• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supp Reserve to Reg Force and impact on recruiting process

• Thread starter Thread starter M_M
  • Start date Start date

M_M

Inactive
Reaction score
When you step into a recruiting office and tell them you are on the supp reserve list, how much of the initial recruiting process are you able to bypass?

For instance:
-security clearance: do the paperwork all over again?
-CFAT: how long is the validity on those things if you've released from the reg force, if at all?
-Expres test results: if you exempt on one shortly before your release and you apply get back in within a year: is it still good?

I saw a thread about Supp Reserve to Reserves and a few other old (not been posted in for 200+ days) and locked topics on supplementary reserves and its benefits - mostly about keeping kit and uniform wearing, it seems. I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere but I honestly just spent 2 hours scouring the forums for answers to these questions and didn't find anything. Unless the search function here is as mystical as the DIN one, I don't believe this has been asked in the recent past. In light of CANFORGENS being released about making it easier for people to get back in, etc. I am curious about the CURRENT protocol in the recruiting offices. 

M_M said:
In light of CANFORGENS being released about making it easier for people to get back in,

A few things have changed since then.......

Let's see.

Security Clearance would still have to be done, as it would most likely involve a "Reactivation" or "Update".

CFAT should be good as long as you are returning to the same Trade.  If you are reentering into another Trade, you will likely have to redo your CFAT.

CF Expres would be good, but the enrollment process is often long and may see yours expire in that timeframe.  It may also be a requirement at all CFRG offices to have reenrolling applicants have a current test on file.  Bear in mind that CFRCs do not conduct PT testing for new applicants who will be going to St Jean.  Yours is not one of those cases.  Not being up to date on their current policies, I would suggest that you drop in and verify that at a CFRC.

CDN Aviator said:
A few things have changed since then.......

How do you mean?

I know that recruiting is down and many trades are now closed because attrition rate wasn't as high as they were back in 2008/09. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that it was preferential to re-enroll a former member (provided they are in good standing) over a civie fresh of the street.

M_M said:
How do you mean?

Theres a sign above the door at the CFRC that says "We're full"......not literaly but we are recruting in lower numbers now than when those CANFORGENs were issued.

I was under the impression that it was preferential to re-enroll a former member (provided they are in good standing) over a civie fresh of the street.

Not always. The returneee might be already trained but i have the potential for more years of service out of someone from the street. New blood is often preferable.

Back