• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SVOTP - PH & WFE Tech - Seeking Info

chaos2034

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

Ok - So I am a member of 1 RCR...and trying to partake in the Special Volunatary Occupational Transfer Program.

I have recently discovered that I am colour-blind - and cannot OT to the trade(s) I wished, so am now looking for other options.

I am wondering if anyone has info on both PH Tech (Plumbing and Heating) or WEF Tech (Water, Fuels and Environmental Tech). 

Which one is better both military and eventually civilian side?  Does either offer spec pay? 

Any information you can provide me, would be great!!!!

Thanks!

I can't speak on the civilian equivilent but I can get you started in the right direction.
Go to Forces.ca website, they'll have information on both ph tech and wfe tech. Both of those are really good trades to get.  I know people in both those trades and they like it very much.  I will try to find some info for you on the web.
This is the website for PH TECH
http://www.forces.ca/flash.aspx?gclid=CM2LiuWk36ACFQ8eDQodjBF1Eg#/flash/en/video_link/_VIDEOS/646_en.flv

This is the one for WFE TECH
http://www.forces.ca/flash.aspx?gclid=CM2LiuWk36ACFQ8eDQodjBF1Eg#/flash/en/job_view/647/water-fuels-and-environmental-technician
Take a look through both of the sites.  I will try to find out about the spec pay side of things.
Good luck with your choice.

bubbs 25

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I've been on the CF site and check them both out....I spoke with my MO when I went for my medical part of the OT, that is how we confirmed my 'severe' colour-blindness....and it appears, I only qualify for a VERY small percentage of jobs in the military *** Funny note - I qualify for almost EVERY officer trade, guess they don't need to see colour to lead troops! ***

I chose these two trades - because they are closed off to the rest of military and civi's - and part of our SVOTP, so it is far simpler for me to OT to one of these two trades, than it would be something that ISN'T on our listing (supply tech or med tech). 

I'm going to put both trades up - I have to chose two trades any way (primary and secondary)...but I guess I want to know which one would be more beneficial for me in the long run.  I am thinking long term - post military life - as, with my infantry backgroud...and now being colour-blind....my options are limited.

I was searching through the trades and found that the PH TECH and WFE Tech are standard pay rates.
This is from the 2008 listing though so it might have changed.
I will check tomorrow on the din and find out more for you.

I hope this helps.

Bubbs25

Back