• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Terrible BMQ Question.

Maav37

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm starting BMQ tomorrow and because of some mix ups and miscommunications wont be recieveing my kit list and join instructions until tomorrow either. So my question is what of my kit do I take for the weekend? I was asking a few guys from my regiment but got a few different answers, each with a few, "you'll never need that f***ing thing, leave it!" so what exactly do I not take along?

Maav, its probably too late, but if its green, and was issued to you, take it.  if its not req, you can always put it away, but if it was req, you cant knit one.....

Good point, thanks Rhibwolf, was waiting to pack/hit the sack until I got a reply. Again, thank you.

When going to Basic pack lightly, you won't need much civilian clothing. You won't see much civilian clothing for that matter either for much of your course. Get used to army fatigues while you're packing because you'll see a lot of those regardless of whether you're air force, navy or army.

bbbb,

Time to slow down, read the question and think before posting.

Note:

Initial post on Thursday.
"Starting BMQ Tomorrow", i.e., Friday
"What kit do I take for the weekend."

Deduction: Reserve BMQ Training Weekend

So What: He's not packing for the entire course, he's preparing for one BMQ training weekend at his local garrison, or a nearby base.

Maav - Your first weekend will likely include lectures about much of your kit, how to wear it, put it together and care for it.  Better to take it all this time and you'll know what to thin out for subsequent training weekends.

Back