• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The British Army has unveiled the cap badge of The Ranger Regiment

OceanBonfire

Reaction score
sNYIS9F.jpg

The Regiment, initially announced earlier this year, will stand-up on 1 December 2021, commencing cadres and training for its four battalions.

Considering that the battalions that form the regiment are going to be retaining their own cap badges and identity, I don't think that there will be anyone to wear the new cap badge. Although, I can't wait to hear the CO yell: Royal Scots Boarders, 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland, 1st Battalion, The Ranger Regiment; on parade.

Considering that the battalions that form the regiment are going to be retaining their own cap badges and identity, I don't think that there will be anyone to wear the new cap badge. Although, I can't wait to hear the CO yell: Royal Scots Boarders, 1st Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland, 1st Battalion, The Ranger Regiment; on parade.
If the battalions keep their identity, than this is likely for the regimental HQ personal.

At first glance, that looks like the cap badge of the Rhodesian Selous Scouts....but there is an eagle vice Pegasus. But still....

Selous-Scouts-cap-badge.png
Oh!

I'm laying money that this is going to come out and become a very major issue in today's Brit woke culture. Hell, they're protesting Rhodes connections and statues all over the place..

Whoever came up with that, and approved it, will probably have a very short career.

🍻

Oh!

I'm laying money that this is going to come out and become a very major issue in today's Brit woke culture. Hell, they're protesting Rhodes connections and statues all over the place..

Whoever came up with that, and approved it, will probably have a very short career.likely may well speak with an odd accent and have land holdings in cough, cough, Zimbabwe...and may still lose their job.

🍻
FTFY

Has a starship troopers look to me.

Also CAF officers should stop wearing their berets like the British.

Well, and of course the crap hats stole it from the Parachute Regiment to get the whole 'Andy Capp' look going.

I've been advocating for a lawsuit to preserve the brand's integrity for years. Oh the trials and tribulations of a trend setter ;)

Stylistically more 1930's Art Deco. Like this...

Logo_of_the_Parachute_Regiment.png
images

Back