• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Engr Sqn that the FGH will give birth to.

I'm interested to hear if there is an expected time-line when the sub-unit may move out on its own.  Will it be taking transfers from the two infantry regiments in the city or will it draw only from the FGH to be created?

The Engineers are taking new recruits, and transfers from all units. Last I heard the hope was they will stand up on their own in a few years. As of now, I have seen an Eng. Capt. floating around the armouries and know of a few people who have finished there BMQ.

If anyone reading this has an opportunity to take a re-postto engineer, I would STRONGLY recommend checking out that option.  Biased opinion aside, as the only engineer unit in your brigade group, all sorts of interesting tasks will come up.  Plus, explosives...!  I'd say feeling a concussive shock wave rock through your body 600 metres away and in a bunker after spending half an hour molding great big horse cocks to fit into some concrete is incomparable to anything else available to reserves in Winnipeg.  This might be a good thread to link with into the infantry and armoured links.

I'd be interested in getting in touch with anyone that's looking at the FGH engineers.  I'm in the process of getting off the SHR and back into uniform.  It's been a few years, as far as I know I'm the last of the 21st (Flin Flon).  Based on my discussions with the regiment they're shooting for a section + Tp Hq components this fall and working up to a full troop or Sqn minus over the next couple of years.

Yes it is in the works,I see that are at least 2 Ex. F.E.'s who have posted
You all know,give a year to 18 months .
The F.E. Trade is not like all others  ;)
Where are the RSS coming from?The Regiments are already short of Snr.N.C.O.'s,Officers.
You think you will get the best RSS?
Who's going to be C.O.,SSM,Tp.W.O."s?
21 was the last. :cdn: :salute:

It's a logistical night mare now.

Back