• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The new queens platinum jubilee medal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This always gets me. I've known a few guys who get out of the Military, join a motorcycle club, start getting more in to the scene then next thing you know, they are full patch 1%ers lol

Makes no bloody sense 🤣

In all seriousness. I have no issue with the MCs. And I dont really care if they ride to tims and laugh about the old days with pals.

But when it comes to Remembrance Day, I just wish they could show up a little better turned out than looking like they haven't had a shower or any other ablution routine since they retired.

Those links led me down the rabbit hole of the “Principality of Hutt River”.

🤦‍♂️

But have you heard of 'Sealand'? Only possible in Britain, I would venture ;)

Irrespective of its legal status, Sealand is managed by the Bates family as if it were a recognised sovereign entity and they are its hereditary royal rulers. Roy Bates styled himself as "Prince Roy" and his wife "Princess Joan". Their son has been referred to as the "Prince regent" by the Bates family since 1999.[36] In this role, he apparently serves as Sealand's acting "Head of State" and also its "Head of Government".[37]

At a micronations conference hosted by the University of Sunderland in 2004, Sealand was represented by Michael Bates's son James. The facility is now occupied by one or more caretakers representing Michael Bates, who himself resides in Essex, England.[36]

Sealand holds the Guinness World Record for "the smallest area to lay claim to nation status".[38] Sealand's motto is E Mare Libertas (From the Sea, Freedom). It appears on Sealandic items – such as stamps, passports and coins – and is the title of the Sealandic anthem. The anthem was composed by Londoner Basil Simonenko;[39][self-published source?] being an instrumental anthem, it does not have lyrics. In 2005, the anthem was recorded by the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra and released on their CD National Anthems of the World, Vol. 7: Qatar – Syria.

But have you heard of 'Sealand'? Only possible in Britain, I would venture ;)

Irrespective of its legal status, Sealand is managed by the Bates family as if it were a recognised sovereign entity and they are its hereditary royal rulers. Roy Bates styled himself as "Prince Roy" and his wife "Princess Joan". Their son has been referred to as the "Prince regent" by the Bates family since 1999.[36] In this role, he apparently serves as Sealand's acting "Head of State" and also its "Head of Government".[37]

At a micronations conference hosted by the University of Sunderland in 2004, Sealand was represented by Michael Bates's son James. The facility is now occupied by one or more caretakers representing Michael Bates, who himself resides in Essex, England.[36]

Sealand holds the Guinness World Record for "the smallest area to lay claim to nation status".[38] Sealand's motto is E Mare Libertas (From the Sea, Freedom). It appears on Sealandic items – such as stamps, passports and coins – and is the title of the Sealandic anthem. The anthem was composed by Londoner Basil Simonenko;[39][self-published source?] being an instrumental anthem, it does not have lyrics. In 2005, the anthem was recorded by the Slovak Radio Symphony Orchestra and released on their CD National Anthems of the World, Vol. 7: Qatar – Syria.

There is a list of micronations on wiki. I have not done any extensive research but I believe that only the Principality of Hutt have military forces. I'm not sure if they have uniforms, but you if donate some money you might get a spiffy medal and a passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back