• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Wearing and Location of The Poppy- Uniform/Civilian

I've been making those with thumb tacks and superglue for years. Nobody's called me on it yet.

Colin P said:
Another life threatening crisis averted by the Bow and Pin Quick Reaction Force.

Maybe not life threatening, but possibly 'thumb/finger' threatening.  I find the poppy placement on the flight suit to be a little aggravating, with the traditional 'pin' sticking out in one direction or another.

And if when my poppy gets removed by the Poppy Remover, Effective, Mk 1 (known as a "seatbelt" in civie-land...), I won't be as worried about where that backing of the center pin is as I used to be with that straight pin... :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 131
Eye In The Sky said:
. . .  I find the poppy placement on the flight suit to be a little aggravating . . . 

Why not a Velcro backed poppy?  Less FOD hazard.

Blackadder1916 said:
Why not a Velcro backed poppy?  Less FOD hazard.

You're not supposed to wear it on the flight line or while flying. 

Of course, there's always someone ready to ask where your poppy is after you get back from (or about to leave for) a flight.  ::)

Dimsum said:

Of course, there's always someone ready to ask where your poppy is after you get back from (or about to leave for) a flight.  ::)

Yes you are correct. But once you explain the regulations that should end the matter. Except for some who don’t get it.

You'd use a staple gun if you were a real man.... or woman (inclusiveness)…. unless you had store-bought silicone breasts, I guess.  :pop:

/yet another critical non-issue

Dimsum said:

If people who rarely(never) fly didn't wear flight suits all the time I bet there would be a lot less questions.

Back