• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Time for fully trained?

DEDuke

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Evening,

I've been lurking here for some time, registered and unregistered. I have recently begun my application process to join the Canadian Armed Forces.

I may have several different options available to me, and as a result several different branching paths to lead me to a stable career here. I was wondering how long, on average, does it take for a member from swearing in, to be considered FULLY-QUALIFIED within their trade of choice? To be more specific, when do they hit the 49K monetary compensation, NCMs in particular. I do imagine each trade has different training times.

Although salary is not a major driving force for my decision so far, it is with regards to money spent and education attained with respect to my chosen entry into the Armed forces.
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this in my own searching, so if there is a thread that exists somewhere please point me to it.

Thank you for your time

I have received two informative answers to my question via PM.

I am wondering if I should post them here? Or if it's better to close this thread.

Thank you,
-D

DEDuke said:
I have received two informative answers to my question via PM.

I am wondering if I should post them here? Or if it's better to close this thread.

Thank you,
-D

If you could put them here.. keeping the original authors anonymous because that appears to be what they wish... id be curious in seeing the answers.

I always assumed it was a couple years... didnt really care to look to deeply.

George Wallace said:
Ask a CAF Recruiter

[:D

Sorry, didn't see which forum I was in... was just using the unread posts function... my bad.

DEDuke said:
I've been lurking here for some time, registered and unregistered. I have recently begun my application process to join the Canadian Armed Forces.

I may have several different options available to me, and as a result several different branching paths to lead me to a stable career here. I was wondering how long, on average, does it take for a member from swearing in, to be considered FULLY-QUALIFIED within their trade of choice? To be more specific, when do they hit the 49K monetary compensation, NCMs in particular. I do imagine each trade has different training times.

Although salary is not a major driving force for my decision so far, it is with regards to money spent and education attained with respect to my chosen entry into the Armed forces.
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this in my own searching, so if there is a thread that exists somewhere please point me to it.

Simple answer......as an NCM, you will reach the $49K salary level after having completed two years of full-time service from your date of enrolment, less any Leave Without Pay (LWOP) granted at the time of enrolment.  For Regular Force, the Pay Increment clock "usually" starts ticking on the Saturday you commence your travel to St Jean for your Basic Training.

Pay Increments at the Pte Level are granted on the anniversary date of that Saturday, regardless of whether you are "fully trained" or not.

Back