• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade transfer between Combat arms trades

Luke93

Inactive
Reaction score
First off; I apologize if I'm saturating the boards. I know there's allot of trade transfer posts already, but they don't seem to be quite answering my question or I'm just not understanding. I was hoping I could help broaden the questions for my sake and anybody else having the issue.

My situation is that I just received my offer last week for CRMN, don't get me wrong it sounds like a great job but personally I'm not a fan of the 5 year min contract and call me crazy but I've wanted to be Infantry since I was 16, however friends and family all suggested "take whatever you can get to get a foot in the door". When I called Barrie again to ask about being considered if more INF positions open I was advised not to because I'd have to cancel my current enrolment and get put back on the merit list and because I'm tired of waiting my obvious answer was "never mind".

I'd appreciate a little insight on my situation but if we can I'm sure it would benefit more than just me to answer a few broader question I've thought of.

1) would I be better off to wait for an offer in my #1 career choice?
2) when (earliest) and how do I request a Career?
3) besides lack of openings are there any other reasons why I was not offered my top pick?
4) are there any ways to improve my chances to be transferred?
5) if I do transfer does my contract length change? Will it be extended, or shortened or even stacked on the previous one?

That's all I can think of now. I'm hoping this should be helpful for everyone.  And of course thanks everyone for helping me.

Hello Luke93
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces.

When processing applications, your jobs choices are not considered 1, 2 or 3 but as three different jobs that you are interested in.

Reasons why you did not received an offer for your first choice! Well after you have completed your CFAT your marks are calculated and then merited. Your merit score may have been higher for CRMN then INF or the priority was to hire a CRMN.  Also INF may not be available at this time.

If you would be happier with an INF position, you may consider turning down your current offer and asked to be placed back on the merit list.

Thanks so much for the help.

The thing is now I'm afraid of rescinding my acceptance for one but I'm also afraid I'll be waiting another year or two or more after waiting so long already especially since now I would need to continue hunting for a short term job.

I have already accepted my offer will there be negative repercussions for suddenly changing my mind?

It's unfortunate that I'm only just now finding out that applying for military differs drastically when it comes to the concept of "getting a foot in the door" considering that was the idea of choosing armoured.

Thanks again!

Luke93

If you decide to change your trade, turn down your offer.  There will not be any negative repercussion. You will need to ask to be placed back on the merit list for INF.

Back