• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"UK to issue ‘threat alert’ over China’s attempts to recruit RAF pilots"

The Globe and Mail reports three former RCAF fighter pilots, employed through a South African company, are training pilots in China.

Politics and optics aside, they go where the money is. These guys should be training our future pilots, not potential future adversaries in China and the Middle East.

Politics and optics aside, they go where the money is. These guys should be training our future pilots, not potential future adversaries in China and the Middle East.
There is much more than money in life. I’ll live in a cardboard box under a bridge before I help China (or any foe) in any way. Even without telling them anything classified, they improve their lethality.

China is NOT / NOT a future adversary. That typifies the wishful thinking of many in this unserious country.

There is a spectrum of conflict that has action verbs such as compete, contest, confront, and if necessary combat. We are on the right end of that spectrum, and have been for some time, even if many do not wish to admit it.

China is a clear adversary. Now. Not potential. Not future. Right here and right now.

Last edited:
There is much more than money in life.

If it means living and working for 3-5 years in the middle east (I prob wouldn't do China) and coming out financially secure for the rest of your life, I'd do it. Everyone has a price. The bleed of ex-RCAF instructor pilots to private companies around the world should be a wake-up call, but no one cares.

China is a clear adversary. Now. Not potential. Not future. Right here and right now.

Does our government know this? They admire their dictatorship and send ministers to China just to tell them how terrible Canada is. Training a few dozen pilots is meaningless in the larger scale.

Last edited:
Does our government know this? They admire their dictatorship and send ministers to China just to tell them how terrible Canada is. Training a few dozen pilots is meaningless in the larger scale.

It is clear from the actions of this elected GoC that China is not considered an adversary in any way.

There is much more than money in life. I’ll live in a cardboard box under a bridge before I help China (or any foe) in any way. Even without telling them anything classified, they improve their lethality.

It seems that you can pay people enough to turn coat. From last year...

Thirty former RAF pilots are paid £250,000 each to train Chinese to shoot down Western aircraft in possible threat to national security​

• British fighter pilots are training the Chinese to shoot down Western aircraft
  • Officials warned up to 30 pilots have moved to China after securing contracts
  • The former British pilots will be paid £250,000 to teach Western procedures

Not to be a pedant, but your statement was not about what our government thinks. It was clearly about what you think.
These guys should be training our future pilots, not potential future adversaries in China and the Middle East.
And I worry that members of the profession of arms seem to lack the ability to see the world as it is, or are intellectually lazy in their portrayals of the geo-strategic landscape..

And I worry that members of the profession of arms seem to lack the ability to see the world as it is, or are intellectually lazy in their portrayals of the geo-strategic landscape..

The members can view the world as they wish, but they do what they’re told. It doesn’t matter what I think, just tell me which way to point the barrel. Trudeau won’t be issuing marching orders towards a gov he admires anytime soon.

If it means living and working for 3-5 years in the middle east (I prob wouldn't do China) and coming out financially secure for the rest of your life, I'd do it. Everyone has a price. The bleed of ex-RCAF instructor pilots to private companies around the world should be a wake-up call, but no one cares.
No, not everyone has a price for certain things. Some principles still come first for some people.

China is NOT / NOT a future adversary. That typifies the wishful thinking of many in this unserious country.

There is a spectrum of conflict that has action verbs such as compete, contest, confront, and if necessary combat. We are on the right end of that spectrum, and have been for some time, even if many do not wish to admit it.

So your saying we should not have a Canadian Judge working as a judge court in Hong Kong?

Back