• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unarmed combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

coors

Inactive
Reaction score
Are there any legitimate CF unarmed combat instructors on this Forum? If so do you have any unarmed combat handbooks you would recommend? I am looking at purchasing 'Kill or get Killed' by Rex Applegate Thanks, Coors

PS if no actual CF Unarmed Combat Instructors any imput from serving/ret  RES or REG force members would be appreciated, no offense to anyone else but I can get the typical civvie view on Amazon ;D

There's lots & lots of stuff on UC on the forum already. Please do a search, then repost if you still need clarification.

I'm wary of anyone looking to learn any type of marital arts/unarmed combat from any book unless you have an instructor to guide you. IE) Use it as a tool but unless you have some type of formal training with an authorized instructor don't go on something like that alone.

I think the most important thing is to know when and how to use anyform of martial art. Without going through situations where you can know what to do and what to apply a move. If it's moves to subdue or hold say a POW great. But book or video learning without an actual instructor I think can be 'dangerous'. I think you need to know when, what and how to use any form of self defence to be effectively and keep yourself safe.

I think back to the tae-bo rage....fine as an exercise but I think in some of the infomercials people were talking like they could hold their own...it's not a form of self defence but exercise and if anyone thought by doing that (even daily) could help prevent a mugging or defend against even someone whom has studied martial arts they it does more harm then good.

I'm not a hand to hand instructor just someone who has studied marital arts (and an ex Reservist) and just wanted to respond about taking any book and video without actual training.

BTW I remember in US Calvary magazines I think they use to sell hand to hand combat books, one was a form of Karate used by Rangers or Special Forces I think, but that was some time ago.

Josh
Ex-Member Royal Newfoundland Regiment
C-COY Stephenville Newfoundland
RNR - Better the the Best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back