• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unit Transfer Interview

bchoi95

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am switching out of a unit very soon, and I am expecting my interview with the new CO in a few weeks. Does anybody have an idea of what is going to go down? Can anybody who has done this before give me some tips on formality, dress, and etc.?

Thank you in advance

bchoi95 said:
Can anybody who has done this before give me some tips on formality, dress, and etc.?

If not in uniform, there is lots of advice on "what to wear" and "how to dress" for interviews.

This one, for example.

What to wear to the Interview.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35806.0/nowap.html

Pants are usually mandatory.  8)

When I came off the sup list to join my last reserve unit, I showed up in civvies ( officially I had turned in all uniforms/kit etc), jeans, leather jacket and cowboy boots. I thought it went well with the long hair and beard. My new RSM fortunately had a sense of humour.

Seriously uniform of the day or appropriate civvy dress, say business attire or at least dress pants, shirt.

As someone on the other side of the table, when I do these interviews I'm trying to find out whether or not I'm going to be inheriting someone else's administrative burden/non-effective strength case by accepting the transferee into the unit. Given your rank, I would suggest that as long as you make it clear that you're not a tool and that you intend to attend every unit training event, you won't have any trouble. But if you're under monitoring for a remedial measure or have been recently charged, you'll have some 'splaining to do.

Thank you for the quick and varied responses, fortunately for me, my attendance has never been a problem in the past two years, so that shouldn't be an issue. How would I go about talking though? Should I input the sir after every sentence? Or should it be used with some discretion?

bchoi95 said:
Thank you for the quick and varied responses, fortunately for me, my attendance has never been a problem in the past two years, so that shouldn't be an issue. How would I go about talking though? Should I input the sir after every sentence? Or should it be used with some discretion?

If you've paraded on a regular basis, talk to him\ her the same way you've spoken to any other officer over the last couple of years. I'm sure you've had interaction with course officers, platoon officers, etc during that time.

If all else fails,  Yes Col, Yes Sir, NO sir,  No Col etc....your still in the army  during this interview and use the manners you  were taught and issued  when you joined.

Back