• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2019

Applied Sept. 3 for AERE, have completed CFAT and qualified for all trades, medical and I trévire week 2 and three Ictober respectively.

I've applied for UTP, to hopefully have an acceptance for May 2019. By that time I will have been in 7 years and a Cpl. If accepted, I would go to 2Lt, however, I am wondering how long I would be that rank until I am promoted to Lt. Does my previous time in count to a faster promotion?
Thank you for the help.

Ladydash said:
I've applied for UTP, to hopefully have an acceptance for May 2019. By that time I will have been in 7 years and a Cpl. If accepted, I would go to 2Lt, however, I am wondering how long I would be that rank until I am promoted to Lt. Does my previous time in count to a faster promotion?
Thank you for the help.
1 year for 2Lt to Lt and then 2 more years to Capt...no, your time as a Cpl does not speed up anything.

If you are applying for UTP out of the area and get accepted, but you have a primary residence somewhere else, will you get a full posting message? Pay/PLD/HHT and buy-sell benefits?

Or can you rent out your primary residence and still buy @ the University but with no benefits?

Lockwire said:
If you are applying for UTP out of the area and get accepted, but you have a primary residence somewhere else, will you get a full posting message? Pay/PLD/HHT and buy-sell benefits?

Or can you rent out your primary residence and still buy @ the University but with no benefits?
It is a full cost posting.

Since the deadlines were moved to a sooner date this year, I wonder if the offers will roll in a bit sooner as well.. anyone in the loop for that?

I'm in the process of getting ready for 2019 application and have a question regarding the criteria for full-credit courses. Per DAOD 5002 a full credit course is: A full-credit course, e.g. six credit hours... however in the pilot entry standards under UTPNCM: (in Quebec, four (4) university courses of three (3) credits) is also acceptable. I am currently enrolled in two 3 credit courses at Athabasca, therefore can I assume that these 2 courses alone will not meet standards. If I complete four 3 credit courses will I meet standards even if not in Quebec?

I have an appointment with the BPSO in late January and will be able to confirm then, however the deadline for course application is before that, hence the reason for applying before the appointment (To get things on track ASAP). I have no problem completing four 3 credit courses if it's acceptable, however if its not and if anyone has concrete experience with this then I rather pull out of the 3 credit courses and find some 6 credit courses.

Has anyone been able to apply with only two 3 credit course, or perhaps 4 or more 3 credit courses?

The minimum to apply for UTPNCM is 4 3-credit hour(1 semester/half year) courses or 2 6-credit hour (2 semester/full year) courses. Total of 12 credit hours.

If you only have 2 3-credit hour courses, you don't meet the minimum standards to apply. You would need either 2 more half year or 1 full year course in order for your file to be processed.

Have any of you successfully applied for ACSO or AEC this year? Hoping you're all enjoying holiday leave!

Successfully applied meaning, met all minimum requirements and had file sent to Ottawa for board selection

Where can I find last year’s information on the amount applicants and selections per trade? I found the SIP report card, it doesn’t seem to show the number of applicants.

Thanks

2017 Numbers found randomly on the DWAN 

Program    Selected  Applicants
1.  CFR              134          188
2.  SCP                54            91
3.  UTPNCM        69            155
4.  IBDP              9            14
5.  PGT              55            134
6.  MLTP              3              30
7.  MMTP            5              15
8.  MPTP              1              2
9.  MDTP              1              4
10. SEELM            5              5

Of course these numbers change year to year, but I hope this helps give you a rough idea of the odds of acceptance for each program. Your PSO can probably find the exact numbers from last year.

Thanks, I am currently verifying numbers for UTP CELE for last year, applicants vs selected.. hopefully I get something in the fol days.

Applied for CELE and Sigs.. really hope this year does it! Re-wrote my CFAT and increased my score quite a bit. *crosses fingers and toes*

I have heard that some offer came out lately for SCP and CFR. Does anybody here got something?

nordi said:
What did the canforgen say for SCP/CFR offers?

For CFR :
•Selection board – Mid-Jan 19
•Offers – Mar/Apr 19

FOR SCP:
•Selection board – Feb 19
•Offers – Apr 19

Back