• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unrest in Haiti, Again

Many dollars. Selling fuel which the UN bought. Selling cigarettes for well above market value. Selling food etc.
This...we ended up having to give them fuel and food out of our reserve because they didn't have any spare for when our resupply routes got blockaded. Oh, and we had to help them demine their patrol routes...even if they never left their patrol bases.

Many dollars. Selling fuel which the UN bought. Selling cigarettes for well above market value. Selling food etc.
Sounds like a unit we all know while they were in Bosnia. Except there were commodities like ammo and a .50 or two involved.

So I hear anyway😏

Beaucoup dollars being...bribe money? Bribe money from randomly set up checkpoints? Roads all of a sudden become toll roads?

Or am I reading this all wrong? I thought I saw MAYBE some French in there & got to the above all on my own...but I was born & raised in Alberta and have taken precisely 0 French classes

What are beaucoup dollars...??
Kenya isn’t a former French colony. French isn’t going to be a common language.

As for Kenya our bn was deployed in Sector South right next to the Kenyans.

Hygiene, discipline, proper accounting of fuel and actually doing their fucking job etc were not high - not at all on the priority list.

Making beaucoup dollars was. A few anecdotes from some of our guys who allegedly witnessed things.

Forge the corruption, how about 3rd world UN armies that cause deadly cholera outbreaks?

Nepal for the win!

The UN has finally acknowledged it played a role in an outbreak of cholera in Haiti in 2010 that has since killed about 10,000 people in the country.

Scientific studies have shown that Nepalese UN troops were the source of the disease - but the UN repeatedly denied responsibility until now.
An internal report seen by the New York Times is said to have led to the shift.

But the UN still says it is protected by diplomatic immunity from claims for compensation from victims' families.

Kenya isn’t a former French colony. French isn’t going to be a common language.
Bright side, most people largely speak Creole...and most of the UN countries that showed up in 2004 were largely Spanish or Portugese speaking. MIF troops in 2004 were from Canada, France, Chile and USA - the Canadians were from Quebec and New Brunswick, so no "proper" French speakers there :devilish::poop:.

Back