• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unveiling of New CANSOFCOM Dress Uniform

AlDazz said:
An interesting choice in uniform colour and style. Not a bad idea at first but as the US Army is now returning to pinks and greens our special forces now are dressed like Americans. Guess we jumped the gun on this one.

So, the US is following our lead?

daftandbarmy said:
Like the USMC's cam pattern? ;)

At least the USMC credits us with helping develop MARPAT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MARPAT

3B version from the recent Comd RCN CoC.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 3.53.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 3.53.22 PM.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 656
eliminator said:

Is that really how the Comd SM beard grew in?  Or he's wearing a goatee?  Either way that beard in no way meets the standard IMHO, the CA SM just sent out an email threatening to rescind beards in the CA if we didn't start enforcing standards better.

It's the lighting.  He has a full beard, and its within regs.  ::)

Infanteer said:
It's the lighting.  He has a full beard, and its within regs.  ::)

There’s a lot of grey in his beard. That’s precisely the reason I won’t grow one. Plus I’m a bit of contrary type. 😈

Or maybe SOF is pissed that everyone looks like them now they have upped the ante and are growing goatees.  ;D

eliminator said:

I guess they decided to save costs and copy the Aussie Army short sleeve uniform.

Dimsum said:
I guess they decided to save costs and copy the Aussie Army short sleeve uniform.

I don't care who we copied it from, SOF has the bessed dress uniform in the CAF, and this coming from a guy who spent the last 13 years bragging about how much better RCN dress uniforms are than anyone else's (until now).

Lumber said:
I don't care who we copied it from, SOF has the bessed dress uniform in the CAF, and this coming from a guy who spent the last 13 years bragging about how much better RCN dress uniforms are than anyone else's (until now).

The SOF unis are a big "meh" to me.

Lumber said:

Common dude, the whites with shoulder boards are sweet!

Hamish Seggie said:
There’s a lot of grey in his beard. That’s precisely the reason I won’t grow one. Plus I’m a bit of contrary type. 😈

I got your back:

61fmrNHW6cL._SY550_.jpg

dapaterson said:
Nah, my back hair is grey too...

Mustache and beard is the recommended application area, think outside the box! You might need a bigger application brush though...  ;D

[quote author=Old EO Tech]the CA SM just sent out an email threatening to rescind beards in the CA if we didn't start enforcing standards better.
[/quote]

That's good leadership right there. Other NCOs can't enforce dress standards so me and everyone else who does follow the rules and enforce them suffer.

Jarnhamar said:
That's good leadership right there. Other NCOs can't enforce dress standards so me and everyone else who does follow the rules and enforce them suffer.

I don't understand the issue with beards?  I've had one on and off since I switched to the RCN.  I grow it out when I'm not sailing and when I'm sailing or have to wear firefighting gear, I shave it off. 

Some beards I've seen are pretty bad but it's more so the fact that some individuals aren't blessed with a full face of hair.  That doesn't mean they have any less of a right to grow one than I do. 

Back