• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Ignatius

Reaction score
Just some info here that you folks might already be aware of, but good to pass on nontheless regarding Appeals. I emailed The Bureau of Pensions Advocates (BPA) yesterday for an update on my Entitlement Review and I was advised they are adjudicating appeals starting July 2020. That's like a 2 year backlog!

Firebird

Reaction score
Just some info here that you folks might already be aware of, but good to pass on nontheless regarding Appeals. I emailed The Bureau of Pensions Advocates (BPA) yesterday for an update on my Entitlement Review and I was advised they are adjudicating appeals starting July 2020. That's like a 2 year backlog!
Was yours a formal Appeal or was it a Reassessment or Departmental Review. Not really clear on difference between Reassessment / Department Review as BPA submitted a Department Review for one of my conditions in Dec 2021 and it was completed in early June however VAC termed it a Reassessment. I currently have another condition that BPA has submitted a Dept Review for and it was only submitted 1 month ago. Both of mine are for conditions that VAC has already approved just the entitlement is being reviewed. My understanding of Appeals, which may not be correct, is if denied benefits and a Dept Review did not result in any change then a formal Appeal is the final route to argue for benefits.