• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vienna man fined 500 euros for deliberate 'massive flatulence'

211RadOp

Reaction score
Careful of how and where you fart in Austria

Vienna man fined 500 euros for deliberate 'massive flatulence'

AFP Staff

Published Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:12AM EDT

VIENNA, AUSTRIA --Austrian police fined a man 500 euros for loudly breaking wind after officers stopped him earlier this month to check his identity.

The police defended the massive fine saying he had deliberately emitted a "massive flatulence," lifting his backside from the bench where he was sitting.

The accused complained of what he called the disproportionate and unjustified fine when he gave his account of the June 5 events on the O24 news website.

In reply to social media commentaries that followed, the police in the Austrian capital justified their reaction on Twitter.

"Of course, nobody is put on the spot if one slips out by accident," the police said.

However, in this case, the police said, the young man had appeared "provocative and uncooperative" in general.

He then "slightly raised himself from the bench, looked at the officers and patently, in a completely deliberate way, emitted a massive flatulence in their immediate proximity."

The police said the man can challenge the fine in the legal system.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/vienna-man-fined-500-euros-for-deliberate-massive-flatulence-1.4987669

So help me God, if the phrase “in his general direction” is not uttered during the trial, I’m just giving up.

Brihard said:
So help me God, if the phrase “in his general direction” is not uttered during the trial, I’m just giving up.

Fox News would totally quote that! Lol

Brihard said:
Silly English Kkkkkkniiiggght

I assume "immediate proximity" is more threatening than "general direction".

I guess Vienna is off the bucket list for me and my three year old, who regularly shakes the foundation, followed by the completely unnecessary declaration of "I farted Dad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA

"Of course, nobody is put on the spot if one slips out by accident," the police said.

Or would a "SBD*" also be a public decency offence.  Apparently, Austrian police are very easily offended.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ap-austrian-faces-fine-for-calling-police-officers-smurfs-2018-3
Austrian faces fine for calling police officers 'smurfs'

Associated Press Mar 20, 2018, 5:01 AM
BERLIN (AP) — An Austrian man faces a 160-euro ($197) fine for describing police officers as "smurfs" in a warning about speed checks posted on Facebook.

The Austria Press Agency reported Tuesday that authorities in Tyrol province imposed the fine on the man, whose name wasn't released, for violating "public decency" by "defaming two police officers."

The man's post in a Facebook group alerted others to "two smurfs standing with lasers" on a local highway. A police officer who was also in the group filed a complaint.

The local Tiroler Tageszeitung newspaper reported that the man maintains the term "smurfs" was meant as a harmless joke rather than an insult, and plans to defend himself at regional police headquarters.

http://institute.unileoben.ac.at/giessereikunde/Downloads/Getting%20Along%20in%20Austria.pdf
In Austria it is against the law to swear or talk indecently, urinate, defecate or to be sexually
indecent in public. If you need to clear your throat or nose, you should use a handkerchief or
tissue.  . . .

But if it is offensive to fart in public, why do they have all those signs telling you to do so?

2554905459_2bd7897bce_b.jpg

*Silent But Deadly

lenaitch said:
Na. Americans don't get British humour.

That’s the point. They blindly re-quoted a ‘Holy Grail’ quote from Reddit about the Seattle Autonomous group being an ‘anarchy-syndicalist commune.’  John Cleese dryly ripped Fox a new one on Twitter...but not sure even then that they got it. 

Back